5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    This appears to be an edge case - maybe with some data on that image record being incorrect.

Please share your campaign directory - ZIP it up and attach it here (or put it on a file share if it's too big). We can take a look and try to work out where the issue is and how to fix it.
    The whole campaign folder? Or am I looking for a particular file?

I did mention that it was happening on another campaign as we flipped over to check - & it was happening there so seems more than an individual campaign thing & more of my whole system.

Quote Originally Posted by Halgabron View Post
    The whole campaign folder? Or am I looking for a particular file?
    The whole campaign directory - so we can try to recreate the issue.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

The whole campaign directory - so we can try to recreate the issue.
    Thank you, here's a dropbox link https://www.dropbox.com/s/d6m4ty4yjq...ssing.zip?dl=0

It was the latest Map that I imported - 07.01 The Museum

Thank you, here's a dropbox link https://www.dropbox.com/s/d6m4ty4yjq...ssing.zip?dl=0

It was the latest Map that I imported - 07.01 The Museum
    That's working fine for me.

If you start a second instance of FG on the same computer as the GM instance and join the game - do you see the issue?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

That's working fine for me.

If you start a second instance of FG on the same computer as the GM instance and join the game - do you see the issue?
    Ah, good it's working for you... now not sure why it's not working for me.

I don't know how to start a second instance, I'm on a Mac... will that be an issue?

I don't know how to start a second instance, I'm on a Mac... will that be an issue?
    I'm not sure how to start a second instance of FGU on the Mac. Hopefully someone using a Mac will answer that.

One thing you could try for a fix on the player side - have one of the players delete the cache for your campaign, then re-join and see if that fixes the issue. Find the campaign cache on the player side at <FG app data>\cache\<campaign name>

Here is an older thread about launching a second instance of FGU on macOS.

I don't know if it still works, but you could give it a try.

@Kirsa - I've moved your posts to a new thread so we can look at the specific of your issue. Find that thread here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-has-black-map

Just a FYI in case it helps anyone. I recently had a situation where the characters had lights but it wouldn't show the light until I edited the effect. So I had LIGHT: torch 20 and changed it to 30 and boom it lights up. Change back to 20 and fine.

Latest Update;

Managed to have a test with a player after doing the things you suggested - deleting their cache, turning off extensions, re-importing PC's on the combat tracker.

Sadly it was the same black screen response.

Joined another DM's game & they were able to share maps that I could see so working that way...

Finally tried a new campaign that the player hadn't joined before & the map could be shared no problem... So there seems to be an issue with current players in current game.

Tried creating a new campaign & copied the files across - sadly same black screen response.

Might have to manually rewrite the game in a new campaign instance & see if that works... bit of a ballache to be honest!

Any suggestions or comments gratefully received

Thread Information