DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Need a bit of advice: magic items for Level 7 PCs

I'm about to run a one-shot for some friends. They'll be rolling up a party of 7th level characters; as such, they can reasonably expect to be equipped with a number of magic items. I'm new-ish to DMing and I'm not sure what sort of selection would be appropriate for that level.

Any advice on this from experienced DMs would be much appreciated.
    Alea iacta est

See the DMG Chapter 7 > Magic Items > Rarity for details on what magic items could be available to players at various levels.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Without looking at the DMG table, I'll give you some ideas from how I might run such a one shot.
    • +1 weapon, type of choice (or 20 ammunition). (I would discourage these, but hey, some folks like the DPR)
    • +1 armor except plate or half-plate (I would discourage these as well, not very interesting, but they are easy to account for etc)
    • specialty magic, things that are not +1, but have situational advantages,
    • weapons with 1d4 or 1d6 bonus damage versus undead, or orcs, or cold damage vs fiends. (But all this needs to be relevant to the adventure)
    • magic light sourcing
    • "warning" item (weapon or broach, etc.
    • javelin of lightning
    • pick your favorite miscellaneous magic items (esp ones that are adventure appropriate, i.e. ones that if used appropriately with ease, but not eliminate, one encounter)
    • scrolls, 4 level 1 spells, 2 level 2 spells, or 1 level 3 spell. Fix the selection to make sure they are mostly adventure appropriate.
    • Maybe a "Dancing" shield or weapon. Might need/want to reduce the abilities a small amount, as these can be abused in the right/wrong combination.

In short, I strongly prefer to make allowable items relevant to the one-shot. And I would do one item of choice, or maybe using the minor magic item properties from the DMG (or found online) maybe two such items. I would also give 2 potions of healing to each character.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

@Zacchaeus; thank you, I thought I'd seen something like that somewhere but couldn't remember where.

@LordEntrails; thank you also, that's very interesting and gives me something to work with.

Obliged.
    Alea iacta est

Thread Information