5E Character Create Playlist

Potion of poison?

How are folks handling of potions of poison?

It should look like a Potion of Healing to the player, but when they try and apply the effect, they find out it is a potion of poison - either by applying the real effect, or just making the DM aware of the trap being sprung.

I have Potion of Healing charges/effects set up via Kit'N'Kaboodle extension - this adds the effect to the Actions tab of the Char sheet on equip. So healing works as I want.

I am looking to just be alerted when a player attempts to use a potion of poison disguised as healing, or actually applies the effect.
    The problem I am facing is that the icon/tooltip would give away the surprise - so I am looking for being alerted.

Any info is appreciated.

Create two items one of healing and one of poison. When the player is about to use the healing swap the items out.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Hey Zacchaeus,
    thanks for the response. I understand I can do that .. but it was about keeping track to KNOW to do it.
    Right now, I have 5 players and 2 of them have potions of poison and the others have potions of healing - I was hoping FGU could help me keep track of this.

Hmm. I can't think of anything offhand other than making a note to yourself and having it open all the time - even then you may forget. You can't really mark the item without giving it away to the players. Even making it non-identified will flag something odd about it. I'd probably not bother with actually who has it and just spring it on the next player who drinks a potion.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Track it the way you would track it when playing in person.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Thread Information