DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 33 of 53 First ... 23313233343543 ... Last
    Would it be possible to add an operator that activates/removes/deactivates an effect when you lose all of your current temporary hit points? As an example, if a creature had a feature that was something like "Flymoth gains 50 temporary hit points, and until they lose them have advantage on all attack rolls they make", would an effect automatically remove the ADVATK when the temporary hit points are gone be possible? Something like TEMPLOSER/TEMPLOSEA/TEMPLOSED? This kind of thing is common in third-party and homebrew content, so it would be neat.

Quote Originally Posted by BlazingAzureCrow View Post
    Would it be possible to add an operator that activates/removes/deactivates an effect when you lose all of your current temporary hit points? As an example, if a creature had a feature that was something like "Flymoth gains 50 temporary hit points, and until they lose them have advantage on all attack rolls they make", would an effect automatically remove the ADVATK when the temporary hit points are gone be possible? Something like TEMPLOSER/TEMPLOSEA/TEMPLOSED? This kind of thing is common in third-party and homebrew content, so it would be neat.
    I second this. I've run into a need for this feature with a bard in my game who makes use of the motivational speech spell.

Quote Originally Posted by BlazingAzureCrow View Post
    This should do it

Code:
    IF: TEMPHP; ADVATK

I'm not sure exactly what I'm doing wrong, but the [SDC] for my cleric doesn't seem to be applying correctly. I'm trying to set the effect for spirit guardians like so:

Code:
    Spirit Guardians; AURA: 15 foe; SAVES: WIS [SDC] (M)(H); SAVEDMG: 3d8 radiant; (C) : Movement Halved; [SELF]
    My cleric has a 20 in Wisdom, and is proficient, and is at level 9. So, the save should be 8+5+4 = 17, but when I apply the effect to the player in the CT, it doesn't add the ability modifier, so instead of 17, it's at 12.

When I try and use the breakdown replacement from the ReadMe file and replace [SDC] with the following:

Code:
    Spirit Guardians; AURA: 15 foe; SAVES: WIS 8,[WIS],[PRF] (M)(H); SAVEDMG: 3d8 radiant; (C) : Movement Halved; [SELF]
    , the effect in the CT is wrong, like it's not parsing correctly. It shows in the CT like

Code:
    Spirit Guardians; AURA: 15 foe; SAVES: 5 WIS 8 [PRF] (M)(H); SAVEDMG: 3d8 radiant; (C) : Movement Halved; [SELF]
    So that doesn't make any sense.

Also, I've tried this, and the value is correct, but the save type isn't listed.
    Code:
    Spirit Guardians; AURA: 15 foe; SAVES: 8,[WIS],[PRF] (M)(H); SAVEDMG: 3d8 radiant; (C) : Movement Halved; [SELF]
    and in the CT it just shows "SAVES: 17 (M)(H)"

I can hard code it, and just put in "WIS 17 (M)(H)", but I figured use the tools I have available to automate it.

UPDATE: I just realized I didn't try to put "WIS" at the end, but before "(M)(H)", and doing so fixed my issue.

So, it looks like this:

Code:
    Spirit Guardians; AURA: 15 foe; SAVES: 8,[WIS],[PRF] WIS (M)(H); SAVEDMG: 3d8 radiant; (C) : Movement Halved; [SELF]
    Last edited by ZelieDad; December 16th, 2022 at 16:23.

Try this:
    Code:
    Spirit Guardians; AURA: 15 foe; Spirit Guardians; IF: FACTION(notself); SAVES: [SDC] WIS (M)(H); SAVEDMG: 3d8 radiant; (C) : Movement Halved
    The DC number should be before the ability. It mostly works after the ability but that is legacy support for how things where done in the past and I changed it to go before for situations like this and it is also how FG expects things to work. Putting the DC after is considered deprecated and at some point in the future after enough time has passed will probably be removed.

Quote Originally Posted by rhagelstrom View Post
    This should do it

Code:
    IF: TEMPHP; ADVATK
    Thanks! I'll test that out~

Version Update 3.34
    Feature: Conditional operator SOURCE. True if the source of the attack, damage, save matches. Useful for defensive advantages against specific creatures
    Fixed: DYING

For the purpose of save syntax such as SAVEA, SAVEE, etc ...

It would cool if the [ability] range that allows you to specify an ability score like STR, DEX, etc, also allowed you to specify concentration.
    There are spells such as sleet storm in 5E that force targets to make spell concentration saves when they are in the spell's effect, and there are all kinds of features that add bonuses or penalties to concentration saves, but not general constitution saves, so being able to parse between the two would be handy.

Quote Originally Posted by rhagelstrom View Post
    Try this:
    Code:
    Spirit Guardians; AURA: 15 foe; Spirit Guardians; IF: FACTION(notself); SAVES: [SDC] WIS (M)(H); SAVEDMG: 3d8 radiant; (C) : Movement Halved
    The DC number should be before the ability. It mostly works after the ability but that is legacy support for how things where done in the past and I changed it to go before for situations like this and it is also how FG expects things to work. Putting the DC after is considered deprecated and at some point in the future after enough time has passed will probably be removed.
    For the record, I'm also having an issue where the [SDC] is not calculating correctly.

For example, I have a PC who is a warlock, has a proficiency bonus of +3, and a charisma modifier of +3.
    They have the fey presence warlock feature, and I've coded it as follows:

Code:
    Fey Presence; SAVEA: [SDC] WIS (M) (R); frightened; STURNRE
    The duration is set to 2 rounds, targeting is set to targets, and expend is set to never.
    The power group under which the effect is placed are set to group type abilities, ability set to charisma, and save DC set to 8+base+proficiency bonus.

When I drop this effect token onto a target, that target should be making a saving throw against a DC of 14, but instead, it's only a DC of 11.

I've deactivated every other module and repeated the error to confirm that it's localized to better combat effects gold, and I have the same issue occurring on all of the characters.

I changed it to what you posted, but the now the save DC is only 12. The [SDC] isn't taking the PC ability modifier into account. See attached image, which has the character sheet, and CT.

Screenshot 2022-12-18 221101.png

Replacing [SDC] with "8, [WIS], [PRF] WIS" in the string does the trick.

Please let me know, if there is something I'm missing.

And just so I'm not missing something else, here is the player's character sheet main tab.

Screenshot 2022-12-18 221705.png

Thread Information