DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 31 of 52 First ... 21293031323341 ... Last
    Hello,

Thank you for your extension and news.
    Recently I observed a problem with the BCEG extension that I do not encounter with the classic version.
    On the image below, the damage is attributed automatically during a failed saving throw with the classic version and this is no longer done with BCEG.

With some tests, I noticed that it doesn't work anymore when in the effect code there is other information in addition to the SAVEA and the SAVEDMG as in the exemple

Better combat effet.PNG

Thanking you,
    Vaall

I'll take a look at it and try to reproduce in the next couple of days.

Version update: v3.30
    Feature: Additional conditional operators – Read the documentation PDF on the first post as there is an entire section and multiple options to choose from
    Fixed: SAVEDMG not working when multiple conditions/damage types in play
    Fixed: [SDC] not taking into account power bonus in addition to group bonus when replaced when applied from a power
    Last edited by rhagelstrom; December 4th, 2022 at 06:26.

Update fixes the issue but what you have should be set up as a Cast and not an effect. Poisoned should be broken out into its own effect as well. SAVEA is not intended to be used like this and I've noticed people abusing it as such. It maybe reevaluated.

Game System: 5e

Question: When an effect applies a second effect, is there a means to force the second effect to remove the first one? Or to disable it?

Use Case: The spell Lesser Retribution. The caster applies an effect, whereby the target suffers nothing...unless they deal damage. When/If they deal damage before the start of their next turn, they make a Wisdom saving throw taking damage on a failed save. The whole effect ends at the start of their next turn.
    Note: in the FGU Options menu, I have Allow Duplicate Effects set to off.

What I've done so far...

1. Created two effects:
    (effect 1) LesserRetributionHelm; SDMGADDS: LesserRetributionHelmAdd; TURNRS
    (effect 2) LesserRetributionHelmAdd; SAVEA: 16 WIS (R); SAVEDMG: 2d8 psychic; DMGRT

The results:

1. As expected, effect 1 successfully removes itself at the start of the afflicted actor's turn.
    2. As expected, effect 1 successfully applies effect 2 when the afflicted actor deals damage.
    3. As expected, effect 2 successfully forces a saving throw when added to the actor, and the damage is successfully applied to the afflicted actor on a failed save.
    4. As expected, effect 2 successfully removes itself if the actor saves successfully.

Where I'm confused:
    1. Is DMGRT supposed to remove effect 2 when the actor suffers said damage? (It is not, during my test.) I don't want effect 1 removed when damage is applied, as other actors might cause damage before their turn.
    2. As expected, when the actor fails the effect 2 saving throw, they deal damage to themselves. However, this triggers effect 1 to add a NEW, second effect 2 which then forces another saving throw...and so on it loops.

Hence my original core question: is there a prompt to remove effect 1 ON ADD of effect 2, so we could re-apply effect 1 post-damage? Thereby re-setting the spell for any opportunity attacks or second attacks during the round, but removing the loop of self-harm when effect 1 remains active during effect 2's dmg processing.

I assume I'm getting too ambitious, but...might as well ask!

My placeholder solution is to use the SKIP button on the effect 1 entry before rolling the saving throw (the Requested Roll extension saves me here, in that the save requires a confirmation).

Perhaps ONTURN?
    Last edited by estrolof; December 4th, 2022 at 14:25.

Quote Originally Posted by estrolof View Post

Question: When an effect applies a second effect, is there a means to force the second effect to remove the first one? Or to disable it?

Use Case: The spell Lesser Retribution. The caster applies an effect, whereby the target suffers nothing...unless they deal damage. When/If they deal damage before the start of their next turn, they make a Wisdom saving throw taking damage on a failed save. The whole effect ends at the start of their next turn.

What I've done so far...

1. Created two effects:
    (effect 2) LesserRetributionHelmAdd; SAVEA: 16 WIS (R); SAVEDMG: 2d8 psychic; DMGRT

The results:

1. As expected, effect 1 successfully removes itself at the start of the afflicted actor's turn.
    2. As expected, effect 1 successfully applies effect 2 when the afflicted actor deals damage.
    3. As expected, effect 2 successfully forces a saving throw when added to the actor, and the damage is successfully applied to the afflicted actor on a failed save.
    4. As expected, effect 2 successfully removes itself if the actor saves successfully.

Where I'm confused:
    1. Is DMGRT supposed to remove effect 2 when the actor suffers said damage? (It is not, during my test.) I don't want effect 1 removed when damage is applied, as other actors might cause damage before their turn.
    2. As expected, when the actor fails the effect 2 saving throw, they deal damage to themselves. However, this triggers effect 1 to add a NEW, second effect 2 which then forces another saving throw...and so on it loops.

Hence my original core question: is there a prompt to remove effect 1 ON ADD of effect 2, so we could re-apply effect 1 post-damage? Thereby re-setting the spell for any opportunity attacks or second attacks during the round, but removing the loop of self-harm when effect 1 remains active during effect 2's dmg processing.

My placeholder solution is to use the SKIP button on the effect 1 entry before rolling the saving throw (the Requested Roll extension saves me here, in that the save requires a confirmation).

Perhaps ONTURN?
    I haven't sat down and worked this out but my guess is you are missing the "all" for the DMGRT. so DMGRT: all
    You can do a tick tock sort of effect, see attached. I'll take a look later today
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'll try that once the kiddo goes down for his nap!

What I've done so far...

1. Created two effects:

The results:

Where I'm confused:

Perhaps ONTURN?

Holy Smokes you guys got some crazy stuff going on.
    This also required IF NOT Untrue ext. LINK HERE

This is what you want I think; So you can set the 2 effects in your effects list to 1 round, I don't know how long Lesser Retribution Helm (LRH) effect normally lasts, but you can have any duration on that. If you set the other effects to 1 round, you will make it so once per round on a successful use of LRH; it will inable itself again the next round if it lasts more than 1 round. The LesserRHDmg will fall off at the start of the next actors next turn. You can set that how you like if you want to be longer, or you can make it work after the actor passes their turn (add ; TURNRE and make sure the dur is 1)

If you give me the exact wording of the spell/feature, I might be able to help more.

This on the attacker that is affected by Lesser Retribution Helm
    Code:
    Lesser Retribution Helm; IFN: CUSTOM(LesserRHDmg); SDMGADDS: LesserRetributionHelmAdd; TURNRS

These next 2 put in your effects list
    Code:
    LesserRetributionHelmAdd; SAVEA: 15 WIS (R); SAVEADD: LesserRHDmg; DMGRT: all
    Code:
    LesserRHDmg; DMGA: 2d8 psychic

I've got the IF NOT Untrue ext. I hadn't found a use case yet, so that is an added "oooOOOOooo" moment, thanks! I'll try this too!

The spell is actually *Lesser Retribution*, and I'm blanking on where I found it - *could* be a conversion from 2E or 3E?

I probably complicated it because there are two divine casters and I was testing with the cleric of Helm before doing one for the Lathanderan, and was concerned about "same effect" on same actor causing a mess (just in case they both cast it on a BBEG) - so I added "Helm" so I'd know if I needed to make a version for each. If that would be moot, I'd amend the name (removing Helm). Of course, I could just tell them "doesn't stack" and then have saved myself a portion of the confusion.

I don't have the exact phrasing, but this is probably close enough:

*As an action, you rebuke a target. The target of the spell suffers no immediate consequence. However, if the target deals damage before the start of their next turn they must make a Wisdom saving through taking 2d8 psychic damage on a failed saving throw.*

I read this as ANY "damage before the start of their next turn" meaning targets with multiattack risk suffering each time they deal damage. (The in-world logic being: the threat of damage offers an out for the baddie, as no damage has yet been caused.)

I've got the IF NOT Untrue ext. I hadn't found a use case yet, so that is an added "oooOOOOooo" moment, thanks! I'll try this too!

The spell is actually *Lesser Retribution*, and I'm blanking on where I found it - *could* be a conversion from 2E or 3E?

I probably complicated it because there are two divine casters and I was testing with the cleric of Helm before doing one for the Lathanderan, and was concerned about "same effect" on same actor causing a mess (just in case they both cast it on a BBEG) - so I added "Helm" so I'd know if I needed to make a version for each. If that would be moot, I'd amend the name (removing Helm). Of course, I could just tell them "doesn't stack" and then have saved myself a portion of the confusion.

I don't have the exact phrasing, but this is probably close enough:

*As an action, you rebuke a target. The target of the spell suffers no immediate consequence. However, if the target deals damage before the start of their next turn they must make a Wisdom saving through taking 2d8 psychic damage on a failed saving throw.*

I read this as ANY "damage before the start of their next turn" meaning targets with multiattack risk suffering each time they deal damage. (The in-world logic being: the threat of damage offers an out for the baddie, as no damage has yet been caused.)
    So what you can do is add an modifer to the last effect where it will be removed on attacks. Like ATKR, this will remove it before the next attack damage is done, but after the attack roll.

Example would be

Code:
    LesserRHDmg; DMGA: 2d8 psychic; ATKR

Thread Information