DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 30 of 52 First ... 20282930313240 ... Last
    I think I know the problem. I have Absorb Effect from Rob2e. I'll look for Blissful Ignorance but do not see it in the forge. I'll look over at the Guild. Anyhow, I'll provide an image just in case I am doing something wrong and it should still work.

I place the Absorb effect on the target. I hit the target with lightning damage from the source and no damage is rolled and I just get the error.

screenshot0002.png
    Attached Images Attached Images

I think I know the problem. I have Absorb Effect from Rob2e. I'll look for Blissful Ignorance but do not see it in the forge. I'll look over at the Guild. Anyhow, I'll provide an image just in case I am doing something wrong and it should still work.

I place the Absorb effect on the target. I hit the target with lightning damage from the source and no damage is rolled and I just get the error.

screenshot0002.png

That did it! I am a happy man. I could not find Blissful Ignorance at first because I own it but it was hidden/deactivated. I guess I forgot what it does and activated the other effects module and thus why it was not working. My party has a character that would utilize this so this is great to have working. Sorry for the double post above...I do not know how to delete it. Thanks again!!

Wondering if there is something I am doing wrong, or if it's something that everyone runs into on this. When I add a monster to the combat tracker, the effects get added a couple of times, the second one being the one I want, but without manually removing the duplicate lines, the effects do not work.
    Earth Grasp.png

Here's how the code is written on the action itself:
    Code:
    If both slam attacks successfully hit the same target, the target must make a DC 15 Constitution saving throw or it becomes encased in stone and is petrified.
    The target can repeat the saving throw at the start of each of its turns, neutralizing the petrification upon success.
    If I manually remove the repeated "Earth Grasp" the effect will work as intended, but I also like clean monsters, and having the first effect (the one without the attached SAVES seems pointless).

Basically, what I think the line in the combat tracker should read is:
    Code:
    Earth grasp [SAVEVS: constitution 15] [EFF: Earth Grasp; Petrified; SAVES: 15 CON]
    Last edited by Azbandar; November 5th, 2022 at 00:45.

Quote Originally Posted by Azbandar View Post
    Wondering if there is something I am doing wrong, or if it's something that everyone runs into on this. When I add a monster to the combat tracker, the effects get added a couple of times, the second one being the one I want, but without manually removing the duplicate lines, the effects do not work.
    Earth Grasp.png

Here's how the code is written on the action itself:
    Code:
    If both slam attacks successfully hit the same target, the target must make a DC 15 Constitution saving throw or it becomes encased in stone and is petrified.
    The target can repeat the saving throw at the start of each of its turns, neutralizing the petrification upon success.
    If I manually remove the repeated "Earth Grasp" the effect will work as intended, but I also like clean monsters, and having the first effect (the one without the attached SAVES seems pointless).

Basically, what I think the line in the combat tracker should read is:
    Code:
    Earth grasp [SAVEVS: constitution 15] [EFF: Earth Grasp; Petrified; SAVES: 15 CON]
    Try

Code:
    Earth Grap; Petrified; SAVES: 15 CON (R)
    -MrDDT
    Discord @mrddt

Really click this link and vote for your FGU wishes, more votes is more likely to get done and get what you want done.
    http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/
    Vote For Idea to Default Modules to GM Only
    Vote For Idea to Give GM More Hotkey Options
    Vote For Idea to Disable Dice Animations

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Try

Code:
    Earth Grap; Petrified; SAVES: 15 CON (R)
    I know that part, it's the auto parsing when putting into the combat tracker that is in question, specifically the double action name that causes the effect to not function. I have added "ending the effect upon success" to get the (R) to auto parse.

Bringing this over from the other thread.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    It's working for me can you tell me the coding you using?

Here is mine.

This is on the NPC near the PC
    Code:
    Poo; AURA: 20 all; Poo; SAVEE: 15 CON (M); SAVEADD: Poisoned
    This is on the PC making the save
    Code:
    Stout Resilience; ADVCOND: poisoned
    Quote Originally Posted by rhagelstrom View Post
    This is getting off topic for this thread and should be moved to BCEG for future replies.
    That being said:

Stout Resilience
    You have advantage on saving throws against poison, and you have resistance against poison damage.

BCEG is not going to grant adv on save vs poisoned condition because that isn't what the Trait says. Poison is a damage type, so it would grant adv against Green Dragon Breath Weapon. One can rule that it should grant adv vs poisoned condition and use the above that Mr DDT posted but that would be a rule for your table

Yeah sorry Stout Resilience is custom effect I made, I can see the confusion.

However, it looks like it's working fine on my end.

@Jfg1984
    @rhagelstorm
    -MrDDT
    Discord @mrddt

Really click this link and vote for your FGU wishes, more votes is more likely to get done and get what you want done.

@MrDDT It took me a while to wrap my head around it too when I really started looking at poison vs poisoned. Maybe there is a sage advice on this but it is confusing for sure. Personally I think Stout Resilience and Dwarven Resilience should say You have advantage on saving throws against poison and advantage on saving throws against being poisoned" or You have advantage on saving throws against being poisoned". The latter makes more sense as the trait also gives resistance to poison, but the traits are written how they are written

Quote Originally Posted by rhagelstrom View Post
    @MrDDT It took me a while to wrap my head around it too when I really started looking at poison vs poisoned. Maybe there is a sage advice on this but it is confusing for sure. Personally I think Stout Resilience and Dwarven Resilience should say You have advantage on saving throws against poison and advantage on saving throws against being poisoned" or You have advantage on saving throws against being poisoned". The latter makes more sense as the trait also gives resistance to poison, but the traits are written how they are written
    I'm sure they are written that way for a reason, I've seen others that are written that include the saves vs the condition as you know.
    -MrDDT
    Discord @mrddt

Version Update 3.29

Feature: TATKHDMGS - Source of attack takes damage from target on successful hit
    Feature: TATKMDMGS - Source of attack takes damage from target on miss
    Fixed: [SDC] translation not working properly when applied from a power

Thread Information