FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 52 First 1234513 ... Last
    I have a 5e game where I've turned off all the extensions except for Equipped Effects and Better Combat Effects Gold to test and have all the 5e automatic effect mods loaded. I have the Displacement Cloak effect on a player: Cloak of Displacement; GRANTDISATK; TURNAS; DMGDT this doesn't work with BCEG, but does with BCE, so is there something I am missing?

Quote Originally Posted by dmbrown View Post
    I have a 5e game where I've turned off all the extensions except for Equipped Effects and Better Combat Effects Gold to test and have all the 5e automatic effect mods loaded. I have the Displacement Cloak effect on a player: Cloak of Displacement; GRANTDISATK; TURNAS; DMGDT this doesn't work with BCEG, but does with BCE, so is there something I am missing?
    You talking about the part where it doesn't turn off when you take damage?

DMGDT needs to say DMGDT: all

Yes and that worked! Thanks.

Will be updated in 5eAE when Fizban releases this week.
    Fantasy Grounds Converter for Grim Press
    My projects:

It is my understanding that BCEG is supposed to auto-parse the traits in a character sheet and grant advantage/disadvantage to saves against conditions, such as poison, without explicitly writing the effect. Is that right?

In my testing with a character having Dwarven Resilience against a green dragon poison breath weapon, the save advantage is not happening.
    Thanks

PS: It is also unclear if this extension requires the base BCE to be loaded. I found on the discord that it does not, but the wording on the Forge page is ambiguous about that.

Quote Originally Posted by ironsplitter View Post
    It is my understanding that BCEG is supposed to auto-parse the traits in a character sheet and grant advantage/disadvantage to saves against conditions, such as poison, without explicitly writing the effect. Is that right?

In my testing with a character having Dwarven Resilience against a green dragon poison breath weapon, the save advantage is not happening.
    Thanks

PS: It is also unclear if this extension requires the base BCE to be loaded. I found on the discord that it does not, but the wording on the Forge page is ambiguous about that.
    Poison is not a condition, Poisoned is.

However, it likely should (and could) auto parse saves vs poison damage also.

ah, ok. that makes sense, thanks.

Currently it only auto adv/dis vs conditions and not damage types. Adding damage types such as poison shouldn't be too difficult at this point since the plumbing is already there.

Quote Originally Posted by rhagelstrom View Post
    currently it only auto adv/dis vs conditions and not damage types. Adding damage types such as poison shouldn't be too difficult at this point since the plumbing is already there.
    epic!

Quote Originally Posted by alvaconklin View Post
    Really awesome job on this extension. I don't know if this already part of the extension but I have not seen how to accomplish this yet. If this is not part of it than it is an addition to the suggestion box. Is there any way to deactivate an effect after a damage roll? I have found a way to accomplish this with a combination of this extension and the turn based effects extension.

this was for the giant's might damage mechanic. I am always forgetting to add it. now i won't forget it as much. this will also work for the Zealot Barbarian damage
    DMG: 1d6; TURNDE; TURNAS; ONROUND

I have also found a way to fully automate the fire rune with a one click extension.

put this in the custom effects
    FR; Restrained; DMGO: 2d6 fire; SAVEA: CON 8,[CON],[PRF], (R); SAVEE: CON 8,[CON],[PRF], (R)

put this on your sheet
    DMG: 2d6 fire; SDMGADDT: FR; ATKR
    Currently there is no way to disable an effect when when that actor deals damage.

Thread Information