DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 22 of 53 First ... 12202122232432 ... Last
    saveaddbug.jpg

switching from the requested rolls forum

I have an issue with the DMGAT effect, it works fine when using it for all damage but when i specify a specific damage type like "DMGAT: fire" or "DMGAT: piercing" then I get the following error and the effect does not activate
    [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_effect_bce.lua"]:409: attempt to index field 'aDamageTypes' (a nil value)

Thanks for any help in advance.

I'll take a look. Thanks!

SDMGADDT is not working for the player but does work for the DM.

Quote Originally Posted by alvaconklin View Post
    SDMGADDT is not working for the player but does work for the DM.
    Can you be more descriptive? I tried it and I didn't see an issue.

Code:
    SDMGADDT: Fun
    Fun; STURNRE

dm instance.JPG
    player instance.JPG

The first one is of the dm making all the inputs. the second image is the player making the inputs from the localhost thingy. I think I may have made a mistake on which part isn't working it might be the SAVEA, but to be honest I'm not technically savvy enough to say for sure. It used to add the custom effect and make the creature roll a save then keep the effect if they fail. And then on subsequent rounds it would apply damage and roll a save at the end of the creatures turn.

DMG: 2d6 fire; SDMGADDT: FireRune;
    FireRune; Restrained; DMGO: 2d6 fire; SAVEE: STR 8,[CON],[PRF], (M) (R); SAVEA: STR 8,[CON],[PRF], (M) (R)

dm instance.JPG
    player instance.JPG

The first one is of the dm making all the inputs. the second image is the player making the inputs from the localhost thingy. I think I may have made a mistake on which part isn't working it might be the SAVEA, but to be honest I'm not technically savvy enough to say for sure. It used to add the custom effect and make the creature roll a save then keep the effect if they fail. And then on subsequent rounds it would apply damage and roll a save at the end of the creatures turn.

FireRune; Restrained; DMGO: 2d6 fire; SAVEE: STR 8,[CON],[PRF], (M) (R); SAVEA: STR 8,[CON],[PRF], (M) (R)
    From the second images it looks like it doesn't know who the source is. I'll look at it, this was good info

dm instance.JPG
    player instance.JPG

Working for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images

dm instance.JPG
    player instance.JPG

Can you do me a favor and give the PCs names so it will keep my sanity looking at the chat output or maybe that is the issue?

dm instance.JPG
    player instance.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by rhagelstrom View Post
    From the second images it looks like it doesn't know who the source is. I'll look at it, this was good info

It's working for Alvaconkin also.

The blank you see Rhagelstrom is the char name.

Why the player can't see the effect is because the DM has DM rolls hidden from the players. The monster saved, and removed the effect.

It's working perfectly for them, and us.

Thread Information