DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 11 of 53 First ... 91011121321 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnagus View Post
    Work-around for BCE in post #420 https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...789#post643789
    Not sure if this also fixes BCEG - it patches a core function, so it might work.
    I'll add this to the list of bugs thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnagus View Post
    Work-around for BCE in post #420 https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...789#post643789
    Not sure if this also fixes BCEG - it patches a core function, so it might work.
    Thank you for the heads up. I will give this a try.

Great, Thanks.
    Just noted a weird interaction between REGENA and EPIREADD when using effects, it will loop and virtually halt the game for a while, attaching the chat in a file, in case something can be done there.
    I only had loaded the BCEG, fonts and D&D theme extensions.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by MasterZamna View Post
    Great, Thanks.
    Just noted a weird interaction between REGENA and EPIREADD when using effects, it will loop and virtually halt the game for a while, attaching the chat in a file, in case something can be done there.
    I only had loaded the BCEG, fonts and D&D theme extensions.
    I'm not seeing this can you give me an example of the effect coding you doing?
    I tried

HEALBOT; REGENA: 1d4; EXPIREADD: POH

POH; DMG:1d4 fire

I have POH effect listed in my effects list.
    I would apply the HEALBOT effect and it would give me 1d4 HP, removing the HEALBOT effect and then apply the POH. No looping of anything.

Ok using your coding (I found in the text file)
    EXPIREADD: PoH; REGENA: 2d4
    This causes it to loop.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Ok using your coding (I found in the text file)
    EXPIREADD: PoH; REGENA: 2d4
    This causes it to loop.
    Confirming that it seems like it's the order of the effect keywords.. if EXPIREADD is the last thing (like your initial test), no loop occurs. But if it's an early keyword, then it causes the loop (the way MasterZamna coded it originally). Am I understanding that correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by dbachen View Post
    Confirming that it seems like it's the order of the effect keywords.. if EXPIREADD is the last thing (like your initial test), no loop occurs. But if it's an early keyword, then it causes the loop (the way MasterZamna coded it originally). Am I understanding that correctly?
    I think it can happen both ways, it doesn't trigger 100% of the time but a good bit.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I think it can happen both ways, it doesn't trigger 100% of the time but a good bit.
    Hi, that's correct, I tried both ways and it ends up looping, it's just that sometimes when the EXPIREADD is last, besides al the remaining effects, also stays an effect with the original effect text.
    Altough in my case it happened every time I used it, only sometimes it took longer to cut the loop.
    At first I tought it was the interaction with the Consume Items extension, that's why I tried in a new campaign with only the basic extension, but it also looped.

BCE Community:
    As you may know, Grim Press has partnered with Ryan Hagelstrom, the author of Better Combat Effects, to publish Better Combat Effects Gold.

Unfortunately, something has interrupted our previously excellent communication with Ryan, and we've not heard from him for some time. We hope that he is physically ok and that it is something in real life which is keeping him from his hobby. His presence is missed.

Thanks for your understanding and patience as we work through this unexpected event.

For additional support, please join our Discord server @ https://discord.gg/grimpress

Q: What does this mean for BCEG?
    A: WeezelD and deltadave, both members of the Grim Press admin team have taken up the burden of learning LUA, understanding Ryan's code, and providing bugfix releases for the existing codebase. Several bugs have already been fixed (some with the assistance of the community).

Q: What does this mean for BCE?
    A: Active development on BCE was halted with the release of BCEG. Some of the bugs exist in both BCEG and BCE, but since BCE isn't published on the Forge under our publishing account, we do not have the ability to release any updates. At this time, the fixes are being added to BCEG only. We will be discussing options such as forum release (pre-forge), but no decisions have been made at this time.

Thread Information