DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 25 of 52 First ... 15232425262735 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by rhagelstrom View Post
    Might be able to get this to work in some convoluted way. Let me think about it for a bit and try some things
    The very first thing that came to mind when attempting to apply an effect when attacking was using something like the SDMGADDS/T feature except for attacks instead of damage. The ATKA feature was promising except it's not limited to a specific weapon, not even when used in combination with AE.
    Last edited by septantrionalis; August 11th, 2022 at 01:19.

This is going to be a little complicated but here it is.

On your Kensi Weapon add the advanced effect
    Code:
    Kensi
    You'll need to make a Weapon for your unarmed strike so you can attach an advanced effect to it. Once you do attach the following and set it to action only
    Code:
    IF CUSTOM(Kensi); ATKADD: KensiAdd
    Then finally you'll need the custom effect in your effect list. You can get rid of the IFTN if you aren't using untrue effects
    Code:
    KensiAdd;  TURNRS; IFN: Incapacitated; AC: 2 melee
    Seems to be working for me but I want to do some more testing with the other changes and then this should all work next update.
    Last edited by rhagelstrom; August 11th, 2022 at 02:01.

Quote Originally Posted by septantrionalis View Post
    If we're talking about the Fantasy Grounds built in Duration field when talking about the how "round" is working, the round is expiring for me when the round advances to the top of the initiative order.

Thank you MrDDT for your time and patients.
    So standard FGU 1 duration is you apply an effect, and when it gets to the sources start of a turn who applied the effect, it will be removed.
    [ROUND 13]
    [TURN] Blink Dog
    [TURN] 1
    [TURN] T1Test
    Effect ['FS; IF: custom(Kensei Weapon); AC: 2'] -> [to Blink Dog] [by T1Test]
    Effect ['FS; IF: custom(Kensei Weapon); AC: 2'] -> [to 1] [by T1Test]
    Effect ['FS; IF: custom(Kensei Weapon); AC: 2'] -> [to T1Test]
    [ROUND 14]
    [TURN] Blink Dog
    [TURN] 1
    Effect ['FS; IF: custom(Kensei Weapon); AC: 2'] -> [EXPIRED] [on Blink Dog]
    Effect ['FS; IF: custom(Kensei Weapon); AC: 2'] -> [EXPIRED] [on 1]
    Effect ['FS; IF: custom(Kensei Weapon); AC: 2'] -> [EXPIRED] [on T1Test]
    [TURN] T1Test
    Here you can see Blink Dog with INIT of 3 goes first.
    Then 1 with INIT of 2 goes second.
    Then T1Test with INIT 1 goes 3rd.
    On T1Test's turn they apply an effect to all 3 at the same time.
    Next turn (and round next round), it is now Blink Dog's turn (effect is still on them)
    Blink Dog passes turn (effect still on them)
    1's turn, effects still on everyone, then passes turn.
    All effects are removed from everyone, it's now the start of T1Test's turn.

This is normal FGU 1 round duration of an effect.
    -MrDDT
    Discord @mrddt

Really click this link and vote for your FGU wishes, more votes is more likely to get done and get what you want done.
    http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/
    Vote For Idea to Default Modules to GM Only
    Vote For Idea to Give GM More Hotkey Options
    Vote For Idea to Disable Dice Animations

Code:
    Kensi
    You'll need to make a Weapon for your unarmed strike so you can attach an advanced effect to it. Once you do attach the following and set it to action only
    Code:
    Then finally you'll need the custom effect in your effect list. You can get rid of the IFTN if you aren't using untrue effects
    Code:
    Seems to be working for me but I want to do some more testing with the other changes and then this should all work next update.
    Wow nice work dude, this is going to be cool.

So for this coding you use Untrue Effects for the IFN: coding and also Advanced Effects for the ACTION only coding for the IF CUSTOM and ATKADD. Thanks this is going to be useful.
    -MrDDT
    Discord @mrddt

Really click this link and vote for your FGU wishes, more votes is more likely to get done and get what you want done.
    http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/
    Vote For Idea to Default Modules to GM Only
    Vote For Idea to Give GM More Hotkey Options
    Vote For Idea to Disable Dice Animations

Some nerdy info on effect duration that many of you might already know:

Effects duration is decremented on initiative count. You might ask, why do we need TURNRS when FG just removes it on my turn anyhow? Ties! if you have two actors with the same init, the effect will expire on the first actor to act on that initiative. TURNRS ensures that it stays on the actor until it is actually that actors turn.

Version Update 3.24:
    Feature: ATKADD - Add custom effect when the attack action is taken
    Changed: Forced ongoing saves to use new mod format. Will re-write effects with old format as new format
    Fixed: Conflict with Constitutional Amendments on string contains
    Added: Guard to protect against malformed effects

I found a bug with the DUR syntax.

Whenever I attempt to create an effect with a duration that gets set via the DUR syntax ... it's actually damaging the NPC or PC the effect is applied to for the same amount as the duration generated. See the image attached.
    Screenshot 2022-08-16 232534.png

Some nerdy info on effect duration that many of you might already know:

Effects duration is decremented on initiative count. You might ask, why do we need TURNRS when FG just removes it on my turn anyhow? Ties! if you have two actors with the same init, the effect will expire on the first actor to act on that initiative. TURNRS ensures that it stays on the actor until it is actually that actors turn.
    This explains why my tests led me astray. I didn't bother applying initiative rolls in my test. Thank you MrDDT and rhagelstrom for setting me straight. Again.
    Last edited by septantrionalis; August 19th, 2022 at 00:32.

Code:
    Kensi
    Code:
    Code:
    This is awesome. Thank you rhagelstrom. FYI, with the new addition of ATKADD, my testing shows you do not need to apply the Action Only option.

Version Update: 3.25
    Feature: Tag SDC now does damage filters. damagetype or all
    Feature: ADV/DIS Saves against magicial spells and effects with ADVCOND: magic and DISCOND: magic
    Changed: Toned down the save icon color to fit more in with default theme
    Fixed: DUR applying ongoing damage, bad BCE merge
    Fixed: FROMAURA applying multiple times

Thread Information