DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 28 of 52 First ... 18262728293038 ... Last
    This is so awesome. Man, I don't know what I would do if I couldn't use BCEG anymore with FGU. It's so required for my games now.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    This is so awesome. Man, I don't know what I would do if I couldn't use BCEG anymore with FGU. It's so required for my games now.
    Same.

I have a question to put to the BCEG community.

Is there anyway any of you can think of to automate when temp HP should go away.

My case in point is the spell Motivational Speech.

3rd-level enchantment
    Casting Time: 1 minute
    Range: 60 feet
    Components: V
    Duration: 1 hour
    “I once heard a motivational speech by Jim and it was the worst ninety seconds of my life. What does Omin see in him, anyway?”

— Walnut Dankgrass

You address allies, staff, or innocent bystanders to exhort and inspire them to greatness, whether they have anything to get excited about or not. Choose up to five creatures within range that can hear you. For the duration, each affected creature gains 5 temporary hit points and has advantage on Wisdom saving throws. If an affected creature is hit by an attack, it has advantage on the next attack roll it makes. Once an affected creature loses the temporary hit points granted by this spell, the spell ends for that creature.

At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 4th level or higher, the temporary hit points increase by 5 for each slot level above 3rd.
    My automation for this spell so far looks like this:

Motivational Speech; TREGENA: 5; ADVSAV: wisdom; NOTE: If hit by an attack, receive advantage on the next attack roll made
    Targeting: targets
    Expend: never
    Duration: 60 minutes
    It's functional, but it requires us to manually do 3 things:
    1. Go in and end the effect if the temp HP is depleted.
    2. Delete the temp HP if they're still there when the duration is over.
    3. Tick advantage ourselves if the character is hit, per the spell description.

Any suggestions on how to further automate this would be much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by jfg1984 View Post
    I have a question to put to the BCEG community.

Is there anyway any of you can think of to automate when temp HP should go away.

My case in point is the spell Motivational Speech.

My automation for this spell so far looks like this:

It's functional, but it requires us to manually do 3 things:
    1. Go in and end the effect if the temp HP is depleted.
    2. Delete the temp HP if they're still there when the duration is over.
    3. Tick advantage ourselves if the character is hit, per the spell description.

Any suggestions on how to further automate this would be much appreciated.
    Can you add DMGAT: all; ADVATK

Can you add DMGAT: all; ADVATK
    Yes I can, and I experimented with adding it as a secondary effect, something like:
    Motivational Speech Attack Advantage; DMGAT: 1 all; ADVATK; ATKD; (DE)
    The only thing is that in order for that to proc, the target bearing the effect must take at least 1 point of damage. BCEG's DMGAT syntax does not appear to accept 0 as a damage value. This is only important because the language of the spell stipulates it's the attack hitting that triggers the advantage, not damage taken ... so if you're hit but hit for a damage type you're currently immune to for example, this code wouldn't activate.

Yes I can, and I experimented with adding it as a secondary effect, something like:

The only thing is that in order for that to proc, the target bearing the effect must take at least 1 point of damage. BCEG's DMGAT syntax does not appear to accept 0 as a damage value. This is only important because the language of the spell stipulates it's the attack hitting that triggers the advantage, not damage taken ... so if you're hit but hit for a damage type you're currently immune to for example, this code wouldn't activate.
    I don't think you need the 1 there, even a 0 damage attack is likely something you want it to trigger it. 0 damage attacks would be ones that are absorbed by Temp HP or reduced due to DR or something like that.

so you want it to be DMGAT: all

no numbers in front of all.

Good morning community,

some one already code this one?

Block the Path

Until the start of the ogre's next turn, attack rolls against the ogre have disadvantage, it has advantage on the attack roll it makes for an opportunity attack, and that attack deals an extra 16 (3d10) bludgeoning damage on a hit. Also, each enemy that tries to move out of the ogre's reach without teleporting must succeed on a DC 14 Strength saving throw or have its speed reduced to 0 until the start of the ogre's next turn.

have a good saturday!

Quote Originally Posted by plap3014 View Post
    Good morning community,

some one already code this one?

Block the Path

Until the start of the ogre's next turn, attack rolls against the ogre have disadvantage, it has advantage on the attack roll it makes for an opportunity attack, and that attack deals an extra 16 (3d10) bludgeoning damage on a hit. Also, each enemy that tries to move out of the ogre's reach without teleporting must succeed on a DC 14 Strength saving throw or have its speed reduced to 0 until the start of the ogre's next turn.

have a good saturday!
    Block the Path; GRANTDISKATK; ADVATK: opportunity

Set it to 1 round, so it will fall off at the start of the ogre's next turn. To do an OPP attack hold shift while rolling the attack (not to be confused with holding shift while doing the damage).
    For the extra damage, you will have to apply that per roll, same for the save and note for the target failing the save getting 0 speed.

I don't think you need the 1 there, even a 0 damage attack is likely something you want it to trigger it. 0 damage attacks would be ones that are absorbed by Temp HP or reduced due to DR or something like that.

so you want it to be DMGAT: all

no numbers in front of all.
    Just FYI, but this does not work. Whether you use a 0 or no numbers at all, DMGAT as a syntax does not appear to function unless at least 1 point of damage is done.
    It's true that I would prefer even a 0 damage attack to trigger the effect, but I don't think this is possible using DMGAT.

It's worth mentioning however that there's no issue with having DMGAT activate from damage dealt to temp hp. There's an option in BCEG I believe where you can select "treat temp hp as damage" or something along those lines and that's working fine. It's when the damage roll result is literally 0 that the effect will not trigger off of a DMGAT effect.

Just FYI, but this does not work. Whether you use a 0 or no numbers at all, DMGAT as a syntax does not appear to function unless at least 1 point of damage is done.
    It's true that I would prefer even a 0 damage attack to trigger the effect, but I don't think this is possible using DMGAT.

It's worth mentioning however that there's no issue with having DMGAT activate from damage dealt to temp hp. There's an option in BCEG I believe where you can select "treat temp hp as damage" or something along those lines and that's working fine. It's when the damage roll result is literally 0 that the effect will not trigger off of a DMGAT effect.
    Why are they taking 0 damage? Is it because immune? or is it because they have temp HP and it's being absorbed?

Because it will not go off is it's immune or taking 0 damage. It will only go off if they take damage to temp or HP.
    I said DR before but I meant DT. If they take 0 due to DT it will also go off. But DR being 0 damage, it wont go off.

Thread Information