DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 37 of 52 First ... 27353637383947 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Dax Doomslayer View Post
    Hi Folks,
    I'm not sure if this can be automated but figured I'd ask. I have a magic item ("Blazing Longsword") which does the following:

"This blazing longsword creates a brilliant flash of light and heat when you attack a creature with this weapon and roll a 20 for a Critical Hit on the attack roll. That target takes an extra 1d8 fire damage. Additionally, any hostile creature within 5' of the creature struck must succeed on a DC 10 Constitution saving throw or suffer 1d8 fire damage."

Is there a way to automate something like this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Can't automate that functionality on a Crit. There currently isn't a crit conditional.

Thanks rhagelstrom. That's what I thought but figured I'd ask. I appreciate the reply. I saw the new "Feature: ATKCADD add effect/condition on critical hit" and didn't know if something may be done around that (though I couldn't figure it out - lol).

Quote Originally Posted by Dax Doomslayer View Post
    Thanks rhagelstrom. That's what I thought but figured I'd ask. I appreciate the reply. I saw the new "Feature: ATKCADD add effect/condition on critical hit" and didn't know if something may be done around that (though I couldn't figure it out - lol).
    You can do the crit using another ext called "Theogeek's Nat 20", which adds a coding called nat20; you can use that to trigger events on a natural roll of 20 only.

That is really simple one to do.
    https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/161/view

Then you want another extension called Advanced Effects (which IMO everyone should have because its freaking awesome)
    https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/68/view

Then you can do something like this.
    Vicious Shortbow.jpg

Do note that you need to make sure it says "action only" checked; then it will only trigger with this weapon.

The second part of that effect you would likely want to trigger that manually or you can use a manual AURA effect if you have the AURA Effects EXT, if you need help on that let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by rhagelstrom View Post
    Can't automate that functionality on a Crit. There currently isn't a crit conditional.
    I believe for damage there is, you can simply put

Code:
    NameOfEffect; DMG: 1d8 fire, critical
    This will add 1d8 fire damage only to the critical part, so example a greatsword with this effect would do 2d6 normal hit, + 2d6 critical, + 1d8 fire critical
    For a total of 4d6 + 1d8
    This is built in basic of FGU however, it doesn't work only a 20 on an attack it works for all critical, no matter what is rolled if it's considered a critical it will apply it.
    Whereas here, I believe they want it to be only on a natural 20.

Hey Ryan,

Thanks for adding the Critical Hit functionality, works great!

I found something that isn't working correctly. When using "TATKHDMGS: 5 cold,melee" the return damage is not activating. If I remove the "melee" tag it works. Also does not work with the "ranged" tag.

No other extensions loaded.

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by DMLars View Post
    Hey Ryan,

Thanks for adding the Critical Hit functionality, works great!

I found something that isn't working correctly. When using "TATKHDMGS: 5 cold,melee" the return damage is not activating. If I remove the "melee" tag it works. Also does not work with the "ranged" tag.

No other extensions loaded.

Thanks again.
    Thanks for the report. I'll take a look at it and get a fix in.

Hello there,

I recently bought BCEG and I am loving it so far, but it seems I have have some functionality issue that I did not have the first day I was testing with it. Any of my SAVEE and SAVEONDMG effects, including the dominate person effect that is provided in the examples (Dominate Person; SAVEONDMG: 20 WIS (R)), will expire whether they are successful or not. I saw that (RA) should do this, but shouldn't (R) indicate that it only removes the effect on a successful save? I tested this out in a campaign with no other extensions loaded. Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkmanJeff View Post
    Hello there,

I recently bought BCEG and I am loving it so far, but it seems I have have some functionality issue that I did not have the first day I was testing with it. Any of my SAVEE and SAVEONDMG effects, including the dominate person effect that is provided in the examples (Dominate Person; SAVEONDMG: 20 WIS (R)), will expire whether they are successful or not. I saw that (RA) should do this, but shouldn't (R) indicate that it only removes the effect on a successful save? I tested this out in a campaign with no other extensions loaded. Thanks for any assistance you can provide.
    Confirmed, I'll get a fix in

Hi, i think i must be doing something wrong.

I just bought the BCEG, and i keep finding effect that do not work for me. Even when just using the examples provided on the extension (like armor of agathys, Dodge being remove at turn start, Monk deflect missiles, etc.) There are just to many for being just a bug.

what could i be missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Rewe View Post
    Hi, i think i must be doing something wrong.

I just bought the BCEG, and i keep finding effect that do not work for me. Even when just using the examples provided on the extension (like armor of agathys, Dodge being remove at turn start, Monk deflect missiles, etc.) There are just to many for being just a bug.

what could i be missing?
    Can you give me some more

Dodge is coded wrong it should be BCEG; Dodge; TURNRS instead of BCEG Dodge; TURNRS
    Armor of Agathys is currently broken as the post above
    Monk Deflect Missiles is working for me, can you explain what it's not doing? (it is coded wrong it should be roll instead of all)

Thread Information