FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 24 of 53 First ... 14222324252634 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by septantrionalis View Post
    I do have Advanced Effects. I mistakenly noted 5eAE above. Applying the AE, Action Only feature doesn't help. Nothing changes in terms of any weapon attack triggering the effect to activate. It also does not cause the effect to enter into the combat tracker as deactivated. Lastly the AC does not properly apply when it is checked on.
    I'm going to give it a try. If there is a problem I'll get a fix in.

Not pulling from character sheet.JPG

EFFECT ADDED TO CHARACTER -- Fire Rune; DMG: 2d6 fire; SDMGADDT: FireRune;

CUSTOM EFFECT -- FireRune; Restrained; DMGO: 2d6 fire; SAVEE: STR 8,[CON],[PRF], (M) (R); SAVEA: STR 8,[CON],[PRF], (M) (R)

The part of this effect STR 8,[CON],[PRF], doesn't seem to be working any longer. I don't know if this syntax is no longer valid or not. The save DC regardless of proficiency bonus and constitution modifier is always equal to 8.

See attached image with save outlined in red rectangle.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    So there is no "action only" for AC, doesn't even make sense.

What you can do is trigger an effect to be applied when you use an action.

The coding for this is

So what you want it to do is apply an effect any time you use this weapon making an attack with this weapon, that lasts 1 round.

So you would want first the weapon to apply an effect so you can use an IF statement.

So something very simple. "Kensei Weapon" but this on the weapon as you normally would for AE (wont be Action ONLY).

Next you apply an effect to yourself when you attack with this weapon.
    Code:
    IF: custom(Kensei Weapon); AC: 2
    This would be set up for a duration of 1 round.
    It should be until the start of the next turn.

I've been applying a custom power/effect of AC: 2; TURNDS when recognizing the appropriate conditions to accomplish my request but it felt like the enhanced BCEG combined with AE would enable this to be accomplished by associating it with a specific weapon attack. One less click the user has to remember to make.

I've been applying a custom power/effect of AC: 2; TURNDS when recognizing the appropriate conditions to accomplish my request but it felt like the enhanced BCEG combined with AE would enable this to be accomplished by associating it with a specific weapon attack. One less click the user has to remember to make.
    Yeah, I don't think it can do it how you wanting to do it as it is now. BCEG does have some ACTION ONLY adjustments but I know Ryan already said he doesn't like having to mess with it, the ones like DMGADD ones, are issues for Ryan all the time and he made the be respected by ACTION ONLY from AE. So would have to ask him to change ATK (ADR) ones in there too.
    Without having them be respected by ACTION ONLY, you can't do what you talking about. Currently if it was active on dmg, you could do it, but these are active on attacks (which means it doesn't even have to hit).

Setting something to 1 round will cause it to drop at the start of the THEIR next turn by default. So when you said "Should be until the start of their next turn" that's what 1 round duration by default means.

Using TURNDS will disable it but not remove it at the start of their next turn, which IMO I like better because then the player can just click the active button in the CT to apply it again on oneself. However, it will also always be in the CT showing even if they not using that weapon or attacking with like that.
    So really depends on playstyle. If the using it pretty much every round, I would do TURNDS, but it's likely best to do it like most skills/spells/attack effects where after you do the action that has an effect, you apply the effect.

Quote Originally Posted by alvaconklin View Post

CUSTOM EFFECT -- FireRune; Restrained; DMGO: 2d6 fire; SAVEE: STR 8,[CON],[PRF], (M) (R); SAVEA: STR 8,[CON],[PRF], (M) (R)

The part of this effect STR 8,[CON],[PRF], doesn't seem to be working any longer. I don't know if this syntax is no longer valid or not. The save DC regardless of proficiency bonus and constitution modifier is always equal to 8.

I think this has to do with the updates lately that he is changing it over to be SAVE: [DC+MODS] [SAVETYPE] instead of the older way of SAVE: [SAVETYPE] [DC+MODS].

Currently he is trying to support both old way and the newer way, so I think that's why this error is there, so sure he is going to have to fix this or just change over to one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by alvaconklin View Post

I have a fix for this.. I messed this up I see. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Yeah, I don't think it can do it how you wanting to do it as it is now. BCEG does have some ACTION ONLY adjustments but I know Ryan already said he doesn't like having to mess with it, the ones like DMGADD ones, are issues for Ryan all the time and he made the be respected by ACTION ONLY from AE. So would have to ask him to change ATK (ADR) ones in there too.
    Without having them be respected by ACTION ONLY, you can't do what you talking about. Currently if it was active on dmg, you could do it, but these are active on attacks (which means it doesn't even have to hit).

Setting something to 1 round will cause it to drop at the start of the THEIR next turn by default. So when you said "Should be until the start of their next turn" that's what 1 round duration by default means.

Using TURNDS will disable it but not remove it at the start of their next turn, which IMO I like better because then the player can just click the active button in the CT to apply it again on oneself. However, it will also always be in the CT showing even if they not using that weapon or attacking with like that.
    So really depends on playstyle. If the using it pretty much every round, I would do TURNDS, but it's likely best to do it like most skills/spells/attack effects where after you do the action that has an effect, you apply the effect.
    If we're talking about the Fantasy Grounds built in Duration field when talking about the how "round" is working, the round is expiring for me when the round advances to the top of the initiative order.

Thank you MrDDT for your time and patients.

Might be able to get this to work in some convoluted way. Let me think about it for a bit and try some things

Quote Originally Posted by rhagelstrom View Post
    I have a fix for this.. I messed this up I see. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    All good, thanks for the quick response.

I went down this rabbit hole and what it needs is an ATKADD tag to add effect on attack. That is a reasonable thing to add that should have limited performance hit. I'll see what I can do

Thread Information