Starfinder Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFastEddy View Post
    So What is the point of a Token Pack? If the DM is the only one who can use them (from what I understand a player has no access to Tokens), then the market will be 1/6th (approximately) of the number of total players. If the DM buys them, he just added another layer of hassle finding and distributing tokens that players might like (AND he has to PAY for the privilege). Why then do creators make Token Packs with Characters instead of Portrait Packs (which Players can use)?
    Have I got this right?
    Players can buy token packs and gift them to their DM. Judging by the number of token packs available it seems to me that artists wouldn't put that effort in if their packs aren't selling. Tokens (at least the top down ones) are more difficult to make and require some skills to create whereas portraits and POGS are much easier and anyone can do that. A player can just use a portrait as their token since in most rulesets the portrait also defaults to the token as well; and players have access to portraits.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFastEddy View Post
    So What is the point of a Token Pack? If the DM is the only one who can use them (from what I understand a player has no access to Tokens), then the market will be 1/6th (approximately) of the number of total players. If the DM buys them, he just added another layer of hassle finding and distributing tokens that players might like (AND he has to PAY for the privilege). Why then do creators make Token Packs with Characters instead of Portrait Packs (which Players can use)?
    Have I got this right?
    More than 90% of spending on this hobby is done by the GM. Always has been.

There was a change made long ago regarding tokens because of huge swaths of token collections were causing memory issues for users with vast collections within a session.The behavior was changed due to this reason if I can recall.
    Last edited by Laerun; March 20th, 2024 at 03:55.
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Quote Originally Posted by Laerun View Post
    There was a change made long ago regarding tokens because of huge swaths of token collections were causing memory issues for users with vast collections withing a session.The behavior was changed due to this reason if I can recall.
    That makes sense. I was thinking that it would make more sales if everyone was buying tokens to satisfy there own wants. But memory use and data is a concern, I haven't had any problems so far- but I also haven't a lot of experience. The Token thing was the first thing I ran into and was perplexed, but it didn't stop us.

Thread Information