FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

CoreRPG - Dice Jail and the Dice Jail - Smelter Upgrade Extension

Introducing Dice Jail and Dice Jail - Smelter Upgrade for CoreRPG Rulesets!

The premise for the Dice Jail extension is simple, players get frustrated when the dice on a "cold streak" and feeling like they are constantly rolling low, and they need a way to vent their frustration. While Dice Jail can't actually change the underlying RNG Seed for the dice roller in Fantasy Grounds, we can move forward in the chain by rolling a bunch of dice. That's where Dice Jail comes in, it rolls 60 dice and can optionally change the dice color for a player to help them feel like something has changed with their dice. How many times have you played physically and just swapped to a new set of dice? This aims to replicate that experience for those who have "rituals" about dice.

Dice Jail adds an icon to the FG desktop next to the Dice Tower and players can simply click on it to activate the Dice Jailer (or Smelter) and have options to "chuck" their dice and "get new ones".
    The Smelter Upgrade is a simple extension that can be used in addition to the Dice Jail that simply changes the icons and some text strings to be a furnace rather than a dice in jail.

Available now for free on the Fantasy Grounds Forge!

Dice Jail
    https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/471/view

Dice Jail - Smelter Upgrade
    https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/472/view

Future plans include adding some fun random messages to the chat output and changing up the Dice Jail icon.

Screenshots:

Attached Images Attached Images

This is hilarious and fantastic, thanks so much!

I'll be posting an updated version of both of these extensions in the Forge soon that will handle the following:
    - Support for moving the Desktop Panel while unlocked
    - Fixing a text issue with the Smelter Upgrade's chat output erroneously mentioning "jail"
    - Better support for themes/font color (specifically 5e)

After these fixes go out, I'll look at adding random chat output messages for some variety in your games and to help take focus away from the dice rolls that likely killed them. If you have suggestions for pithy one-liners, memes, or other fun "chucked the dice" messages, I'd love to hear them!

If you find other issues, please let me know so I can address them!

Edit: The build has been published to the FG Forge!
    Last edited by AlaskanFalcon; January 25th, 2022 at 18:08.

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskanFalcon View Post
    I'll be posting an updated version of both of these extensions in the Forge soon that will handle the following:
    - Support for moving the Desktop Panel while unlocked
    - Fixing a text issue with the Smelter Upgrade's chat output erroneously mentioning "jail"
    - Better support for themes/font color (specifically 5e)

After these fixes go out, I'll look at adding random chat output messages for some variety in your games and to help take focus away from the dice rolls that likely killed them. If you have suggestions for pithy one-liners, memes, or other fun "chucked the dice" messages, I'd love to here them!

If you find other issues, please let me know so I can address them!
    Very cool. Thanks!

Nice I'll be sure to throw this one in my Gm's direction.

Now smelting dice into hockey pucks! Loading Please Wait!
    Steve Jobs "Good artists copy, great artists steal."

Smelting one die at a time. Who knew recycling could feel so good?
    Steve Jobs "Good artists copy, great artists steal."

That's hilarious
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

I found that when the manual dice option is on this throws an error. It may be something that can be fixed or maybe it should not work with that option. I was testing Insta-dice and ran into the error thinking it was that ext. Insta-dice coded around the jail but the manual option is still an issue.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-Support/page3

So I loaded this extension and passed it on to all my players last night. Each of the players used it right off the bat - I didn't.
    We are playing Savage Worlds - Pathfinder.
    What we noticed is that for the players, when the Wild Die exploded it nearly ALWAYS rolled a 1. Like 90% of the time. We have not seen this type of behavior before.
    Whereas I did not have any statistical anomalies at all with my exploding dice - but then I didn't have any wild dice to roll for my extras.

Not saying its the extension, but it was weird enough to where the players were openly laughing about getting a 1 every time by the end of the night.

Thread Information