STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

LFP to start a new D&D 5e Party in Forgotten Realms

Hey all, I am looking for players to start a new group together to play D&D 5e. I have played all of the editions through the many years of my D&D history....yes I am old.
    Take a look at the details below to see if you'd like to join my game.

FG License: I have a Full GM's License. Do you have anything other than the demo version?
    Game System: D&D 5e

Time Zone: I am in California and therefore in Pacific time zone.
    Day of week and time & Frequency: I am looking to play either Tuesday or Wednesday night sometime after 5pm til ??? on a weekly or bi-monthly basis (once every 2 weeks)
    Planned start date: I would like to start in February
    Planned Duration: More than a one shot, long term. As long as "Life" let's us....meaning when life gets to be too much and always in the way, we will need to stop

Text or Voice: Voice using Discord, and WILL NOT BE RECORDED

Roleplay & Combat mix: I am an old school DM that tries to learn new tricks, so my play style is normally combat heavy, but I like to throw puzzles, skill challenges and role-playing encounters into my story, but it's probably 70/30 or 60/40 combat to roleplaying
    Number of Players needed: I would like to have either 6 or 7 players
    Character starting level: I will start PCs at 3rd level
    Character restrictions: We will be playing Forgotten Realms, so PCs will be restricted to races and classes limited to that world (so not races from other campaign settings)

Details of your scenario: The world will be Forgotten Realms and I will start everyone off at 3rd level, so you all will have some history to your character. I would like a decent sized background or history for your character so that I can eventually make the adventures more personal to the group. I would like goals and objectives the PCs want to accomplish so the group can grow together.
    I will have a session 0 with each player individually so characters can be made, we can discuss PC history and where specifically the story and Heroes begin.
    I do have a few homebrew rules, which we can go over when we have our session 0.

Link to Game Calendar page: None

Please respond to this post and I will email you directly.
    Thank you,
    Nick (Shade18)

Oh, I could be very interested in this if the date/time works
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

As a fellow old schooler, I'm interested. I could do Wednesday evening and the time is perfect. Not too familiar with Forgotten Realms outside of some old games and novels; 10+ years since i checked in on it maybe. Happy to read up though for a chance to be player.

I'd be interested, but I would have to start later, at least 8pm (got to get my kids to bed first). Tuesdays only would work for me
    Last edited by OldManD; January 21st, 2022 at 17:24.

Hello the game looks appealing but I am a minor[15] so if thats a problem feel free to ignore this but if not I would love to join!

Interested if its Wednesday and depending on time, I'm east coast and work in the mornings.

I would like to try an Aarakicra druid if possible: https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Aarakocra

Will you be using any of the FGU 5e feat, Book of Lost spells, or other add ons in the campaign? Volo's, Sword Coast, Xanathar, etc?

Thanks.

hi there
    i would be interested in a game on Tuesdays

Thank you everyone who has responded so far.
    I have sent each one of you a private message with requests for more information.
    Please respond when you can.
    For the question about which source books do I use:
    I own volo's, xanthar's, fizban's, Swordcoast, Tasha's and Mordankainen's.

Would be interested in a Tuesday game slot (have another game on Wednesdays), been playing D&D for over 35 years and am Fantasy Grounds Savvy.

Thread Information