DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Weak and Elite Generator Extension

Here is my latest extension. It adds two buttons at the bottom of any NPC/Monster entry: Weak and Elite. Pressing one of the button, the extension creates a new monster entry applying the Elite/Weak template from Bestiary 1 (page 6). I spend some time making this manually and it sucks, so here it is for the community. I used a lot of the great module PFRPG2 Elite/Weakened Effects by Sasmira, buy it always caused confusion when the chat showed the EFFECT+X specially when the creature had additional modifiers. This is how it looks like:

Elite-Weak.png

Please keep in mind this is very BETA and it does write on your campaign DB. Please backup your stuff. Once some people post their feedback here, I'll add to the forge. Please download below.

PFRPG2EliteWeakCreatures.ext

Automations should be updated correctly, and the new monster is left unlocked to any manual adjustments required.

Known Issues:

• The AC parser only updates the first number found. Entries like AC 20 (22 with raised shield) will only update the first number.
    • I currently do not update any limited damage to +4/-4 as recommended, as it can be tricky to identify those. I am planning to make it work every time I encounter an ability with a cooldown automatically, but I couldn't find a way to identify "per day" abilities, for example.
    • Spellcasters are tricky. I do update their caster level, DC and Spell Attacks, but spells remain as-is.
    • Any damage without a modifier currently does not get modified. For example, a creature that deals 1d6 piercing damage wouldn't change to 1d6-2 or 1d6+2 as expected for now. Additional damage listed without modifiers (like 2d6 sneak attack) also are not modified.

Edit: There is a (paid) new version of this extension in the Forge if you want to check out, including many other features: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ment-extension
    Last edited by dsaraujo; March 30th, 2022 at 15:50.
    Daniel Salles de Araújo (@dsaraujo)
    Developer of PFRPG2 GM Enhancements - Improve your Pathfinder 2E game!
    Check out the Pathfinder Deck of Endless NPCs!

Nice going and thanks for sharing!

Will you be putting this up on the forge at some point?

I will, but I'd love some testing / feedback first.

I'll try it out this weekend
    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett [RIP] - Jingo

Out of curiosity is there a possible way to also in future this could have a leveling up mechanic, or up-scaling?

You mean apply the template over and over?

maybe? not sure, but was thinking it would neat if it also have the ability to level up, or down level the npc.

While I could implement such feature, this wouldn't really follow the monster design guidelines. Adding +2/-2 on all DC on a single level works fine, but this multiple times would get a creature way too powerful or way to weak compared to properly designed creatures. Damage adjustments also suffer from it. I do have the desire of creating a quick monster template to allow for a quick impromptu creature.

yeah I was thinking of it when I thinking of doing home-brewed 0 level campaign, and it's was going to be a like only a certain creature for the main theme like a assassin Goblins, and it's was mostly to reduce the amount of time re-inputting the info for a monster.

Thread Information