Starfinder Playlist
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    That's a good idea.

I had a look at the campaign as well - running on Windows 10 on a fairly good spec computer, /save in chat would take between 8 and 9 seconds. I reverted changes on one module (D&D Princes of the Apocalypse) and the save time reduced to 0.2 seconds. Obviously that's not a fix, as it removes any of the modifications made to that module - based off the changed data for that module it appears to be changes to some images that make up the bulk of the data saved.

Investigating further, if I revert changes on only "The-Plunging-Torrents-Player" map, that reduces the save time to what I'd expect (0.2 seconds).

Thanks for providing the test campaign. Hopefully this will help the devs investigate further as we know it's an issue with one specific changed image in a module.
    Thank you!! This is what I was looking for. I will try that. That is very weird. Why would my map changes cause it??

I have a theory now: I was drawing a lot during the final battle (to show water levels and such) and using the pen and eraser and undo… and pointers. That’s when the lag started. I suspect the drawing is bugged.

AGHH! Sure enough, reverting the changes to that ONE map caused it.

I suspect it was all the drawing I did. Now saving is back to 0.1s. WOW! @Trenloe THANK YOU!

Quote Originally Posted by seansps View Post
    AGHH! Sure enough, reverting the changes to that ONE map caused it.

I suspect it was all the drawing I did. Now saving is back to 0.1s. WOW! @Trenloe THANK YOU!
    That's great news! Hopefully this will give the devs a good example of where to look for the data issue. Thanks so much for bearing with it and providing detailed information of your issues!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Do you happen to have a copy of the campaign (or the moduledb folder in the campaign) prior to reverting that map?

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Do you happen to have a copy of the campaign (or the moduledb folder in the campaign) prior to reverting that map?

Regards,
    JPG
    Yep! The google drive link on the original post hast it.

Simply reverting the player map for “Plunging Torrents” fixed the save issue.
    Last edited by seansps; January 19th, 2022 at 20:18.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    I am with @Sterno in that this has been mainly a DB size issue but given your description it could be something corrupted in the DB file hanging up the process? I have noticed that a Windows export takes 5-10x longer than a Linux export of the same campaign. So, clearly there are differences in the way the code interacts with the HD and file system.
    Generally applications hand things like this off to the operating system.
    They dont rewrite them for different operating systems.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Generally applications hand things like this off to the operating system.
    They dont rewrite them for different operating systems.
    Thanks for the clarification. I have notice the difference for a long time but never reported it. It is strange to have such a large difference.

It looks like this issue is specifically related to token FoW data save times. I'm going to include a fix in the next client release to speed up the save times on this type of data; and I've filed a ticket for Carl to review this scenario to ensure that FoW data is being calculated correctly when he has a moment.

With the fix that I am working on, the save times on my machine go from 6-6.5 seconds to 0.1 seconds again.

I'm hoping to target a new build for next week; but it depends on ongoing development timing.

Regards,
    JPG

It looks like this issue is specifically related to token FoW data save times. I'm going to include a fix in the next client release to speed up the save times on this type of data; and I've filed a ticket for Carl to review this scenario to ensure that FoW data is being calculated correctly when he has a moment.

With the fix that I am working on, the save times on my machine go from 6-6.5 seconds to 0.1 seconds again.

I'm hoping to target a new build for next week; but it depends on ongoing development timing.

Regards,
    JPG
    Amazing! Thanks, Moon!

Regards,
    JPG
    Nice one!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information