FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    SuperTeddy
    I'm a bit ill with Covid at the moment but i will dig out an example and xml file for you

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuson View Post
    So, played last weekend and the game went well. The rule set (old as it appears to be) was serviceable. The Attack Action, though simple, was flexible enough to address our gaming needs, though more functionality (like 5e) would always be welcome. In fact, the session convinced a long-time M&M player (unlike me) to learn more about FG to start running his own games.

A few comments below. To put them in context, realize I'm relatively new to M&M (just started playing it last year) and so is most of group (that one player being an exception). So I wanted things really easy - and automated. I also just started using Unity (having started with 5e on Classic). Anyway:

1) I found a kludgy way to deal with Area attacks. The rules require a dodge check (if the target is in the AOE). If the save succeeds, the damage effect is halved. Full if the save fails. So, my automation consisted of three lines. The player just had to double click the Dodge save then choose the right outcome (full or half effect). It would be easy enough to just have one line and have the player enter in a mod to halve the effect, but I wanted to make things easy.
    Attachment 51281

2) That is an example of a Area Burst Affliction. I found the Attack Action to be helpful for Afflictions but having some additional functionality would be nice. Like automatically assigning the correct effect based on the degree of success (I can dream, can't I?). At minimum, I like to list the set of conditions in a conspicuous place; adding it to the name of the attack was kludgy so I'll probably change it.

A nice, long text field like you find here (in the more detailed power description) added between the name of the power and the Attack Action would be very helpful.
    Attachment 51282

Folks who use Hero Labs (and most serious M&M players I know do) will recognize that entry was almost taken verbatim from it. I added it to the detailed power description for reference, including the cost, which I still don't trust the ruleset to calculate correctly.

Thanks again for the replies!
    The ruleset is currently under maintenance mode as there is no dedicated developer for the system. This means that I am here to help assist in repairing bugs that are reported. There aren't any current plans on expanding it from it's current state. My time currently is split among other systems as well and are under the same mode. These would include Starfinder, Basic Roleplaying, Vampire the Masquerade 5e, this system, and WOIN. That does not mean these rulesets are dead or not being monitored, just expanding the current state of the code to add more features is just not on the table at this time.

Those are excellent ideas and certainly something I'm adding to my notes for the system. When and if I get a chance to expand the code, these will be considered.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Idea Informer

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    Those are excellent ideas and certainly something I'm adding to my notes for the system. When and if I get a chance to expand the code, these will be considered.
    Understood and no worries. The ruleset works well enough for my game and I much prefer running M&M on FG than live (I'm seriously considering running it hybrid once F2F games become more feasible).

Anyway, one other thing I figured out: using the Attack Action for healing, since you can set the attack roll against Base.

MM3.png

P.S. Hope others using M&M find this thread helpful. Welcome any tips and tricks anyone has learned using FG for M&M!

Can we help fund a Patreon or something or send you money to work on expansions for us?

I'm an employee of SmiteWorks, no need for compensation as they do that. My project list can get a bit high as I have to watch over quite a few systems. So takes me some time to make my rounds. Anyone can help create modules by creating the various books into FG modules. If you want more information on how that works and other benefits, you can reach out to this email: [email protected]
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Idea Informer

The Mutants and Masterminds ruleset/system is currently in maintenance mode; as the original developer who built the ruleset and initial modules is no longer working on the product. When DLC developed by developers outside of SmiteWorks is no longer supported by the original developer, we move it into "maintenance" mode. In that state, we primarily look at fixing outstanding bugs with existing functionality, or making sure that any changes to the underlying core ruleset layers and themes are supported as we adjust the core capabilities.

Regards,
    JPG

Out of curiosity, what would it take for it to come out of maintenance mode and into a mode that newer functionality could be implemented?

We would need an external ruleset developer who was willing to take over maintenance and develop new features for the ruleset; just like it was originally developed.

Regards,
    JPG

And, unless M&M gets a lot more popular or one of us learns the necessary skill set and wants to volunteer our time for it, that is the way it will remain, correct?

What is the programming language used to code Fantasy Grounds?

Are there any online resources for how to code for Fantasy Grounds?

Thank you in advance for all your efforts and information. I am trying to learn about the problem and see if I can solve it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousHeart View Post
    And, unless M&M gets a lot more popular or one of us learns the necessary skill set and wants to volunteer our time for it, that is the way it will remain, correct?

What is the programming language used to code Fantasy Grounds?

Are there any online resources for how to code for Fantasy Grounds?

Thank you in advance for all your efforts and information. I am trying to learn about the problem and see if I can solve it.
    It is written in XML (layout) and Lua (functionality).
    You can access the code in the ruleset using the following:

1. Install 7zip (not essential but 7zip will allow you to open PAK files without renaming them)
    2. Locate the ruleset .PAK file
    3. Right click it and extract

This will let you view the current source code.
    Taking over a ruleset would require some effort and time.
    It will primarily be a labor of love - there will be some revenue from it but not enough to justify the time vs reward.
    You would only do it out of passion!
    This is not meant to discourage you - only to provide some more understanding.
    I have about 15 rulesets out there so I have a fair idea of the work involved

Thread Information