DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Applying Spell modifiers to area of effect spells

Not sure if I am doing it correctly, but I have a spell caster that targeted multiple people in the combat tracker. I hit the spell prep modifier (as an example) 2 times. When I then roll the Base Spell attack it only seems to apply the +10 to one of the targets. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

I think that is a limitation of how the modifier box works since it only applies to the next roll. You could use an effect to do it. Just use the OB effect with one round expiration so you could do something like this:

Spell prep; OB: 10

The text before the semicolon is just description so you remember what it is for. The number after the colon can be whatever the modifier is.

You can also added it to the rolls as you resolve them by dragging a modifier to the table resolver or right clicking to add a new modifier.

OK thanks, now that I look at it it seems that selecting multiple targets does not quite work as expected, I would think it would be one roll for all 3 targets, it seems to roll 3 times and applies the mods to the first roll.
    Last edited by alloowishus; January 17th, 2022 at 21:04.

I might be able to do something about that now. The issue initially is the open-ended dice would cause modifiers to apply every time the dice rolled so it was applying them multiple times so I had to put in code to prevent that. I will see if it is possible to do it when multiple targets are being attacked.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    I might be able to do something about that now. The issue initially is the open-ended dice would cause modifiers to apply every time the dice rolled so it was applying them multiple times so I had to put in code to prevent that. I will see if it is possible to do it when multiple targets are being attacked.
    That would be sweet!

Thread Information