DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Explosive rounds, longarm

Hi is there a way to code the damage to use explosive rounds, the details are below.

Explosive ammo is used with projectile weapons and is available for most projectile weapons and other weapons that fire arrows and darts, as noted on Table 1-8. A weapon firing explosive ammo deals its normal amount of damage, but half of this damage is fire damage and grants the weapon the knockdown critical hit effect. If the weapon already has a critical hit effect, the knockdown critical hit effect is added and considered part of the weapon's normal critical hit effect. If the weapon normally already has the knockdown critical hit effect, it instead gains the push (5 feet) critical hit effect in addition to knockdown, and this considered part of the weapon's normal critical hit effect.

Seems very tricky if even possible as half the damage deals fire damage etc.

A player bought the rounds and asked if it can be coded.

cheers

David

Actually this is surprisingly easy to make as an effect. The effect you want to use for the half fire damage is: Explosive Rounds; DMGTYPE: fire although only the second half is important, I added the first one so the effect can be recognised in the CT.

As for knockdown and push. Knockdown just adds the Prone effect to the target while push needs to be done manually by moving the token.

Hope that answers all your questions.
    My Forge Page
    Discord: @evolivolution
    Ultimate License (FGU)
    Timezone: Z+1

Thanks for the reply that is excellent.

So the code Explosive Rounds; DMGTYPE: fire added the the damage roll of the weapon will automatically know its half damage then? or do i need to code the Half?

Sorry im fairly new to coding effects.

It will add fire as a damage type to whatever your weapon currently has. FG splits up the result of the damage roll evenly across all damage types. So assuming your players weapon only deals one type of damage (most likely piercing) half of it will be fire when using this effect.
    When there are more damage types involved it gets very tricky.
    My Forge Page
    Ultimate License (FGU)

Ah i see thats fine as the other is just piercing damage.
    Thank you so much for your help

Sorry where do I the piercing damage to the code as the weapon already had the P
    So for instance

P; Explosive Rounds; DMGTYPE: fire

P: Explosive Rounds; DMGTYPE: fire

Explosive Rounds; DMGTYPE: fire; P

Not sure how to add that bit so the CT shows both damage types.
    I used an Aeon Guard to test on and just your code it resisted the damage, so i dont know how to add the Piercing

thanks

Screenshot (1).png to visualize.

When making this for a PC character you want to make an effect on the Actions tab (what we talked about earlier) to add the fire type to the weapons damage.
    Marked in blue: Here I set it up so that it automatically expires when used, it targets the PC that uses it and as a failsafe it lasts for one round. The player uses the effect before attacking (can also be done before rolling the damage, after rolling for attack). This applies the effect to the PC on the CT (see chatoutput). Now the character rolls for damage and does piercing and fire damage. The first one comes from the weapons coding and the second one get's added by the effect. The effect also expires so that the next attack can be made without the explosive rounds, without having to clear the effect manually.
    Marked in green: For an NPC you can just add the damage type into the weapons damage (separate damage types with a , ).
    My Forge Page
    Ultimate License (FGU)

Thread Information