Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Modern Theme and font color

I want to say I love both the Modern and Modern Dark theme. However in the CT using Pathfinder 2E, the Font for the players hit points are very hard to see against the background.
    On the font for the Modern Theme Dark the Message of the Day font is black on a dark grey background, again really hard to see if your post old (uh..yea above 50).

Do we the owners of the items have anyway to tweak the font colors in a purchased theme?

Thanks again!
    Ultimate License holder Unity & Classic.
    Currently GM'ing Homebrew Pathfinder 2.

Blog Entries
    MOD: moved to house of healing.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

What you can do is change the fonts in another ext and put the load order in after the theme.

Not perfect but just sayin. You can pull an example of font's from someone else, or even find another one you like their font colors/size and use it just change the load order.

Ok I can try that. how can I change the load order?

I found where the 'modern theme' is but the file for the fonts is encrypted and I do not know the password to edit it.

If you open the Modern theme which is purchased on the storefront, in Fantasy Grounds Unity for the Pathfinder 2E ruleset, you cannot see the stats or hit points or any variable value as the font is very close to the back ground its nearly impossible to see. If it were white it would be great. I was trying to figure out how to do that. I found the files and was able to open the extension but the fonts and most of the innerds of the extension are password protected/encrypted.

Quote Originally Posted by Larsenex View Post
    Ok I can try that. how can I change the load order?

I found where the 'modern theme' is but the file for the fonts is encrypted and I do not know the password to edit it.

If you open the Modern theme which is purchased on the storefront, in Fantasy Grounds Unity for the Pathfinder 2E ruleset, you cannot see the stats or hit points or any variable value as the font is very close to the back ground its nearly impossible to see. If it were white it would be great. I was trying to figure out how to do that. I found the files and was able to open the extension but the fonts and most of the innerds of the extension are password protected/encrypted.
    Make your own ext or take a free one off the forums and edit it. This loadorder here you can put a number higher means later which is what you want for your color of your fonts.

https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/60/view
    Here is a free font on the forge.

extension.xml
    <properties>
    <loadorder></loadorder>
    </properties>

Then in the font you will see one that says like
    graphics_fonts.xml

<font name="reference-h">
    <ttf file="graphics/fonts/Montserrat-SemiBold.ttf" name="Montserrat SemiBold" size="20" />
    <color value="#EBDDBA" />
    </font>

In that file you are looking to only change the color value, to something you can see. I hope this helps. Hit me up on discord if you need more help.

MrDDT#0001

Thank you. I discovered I had an extension from months ago called Font Large Meriweather, it was causing the fonts in the Modern extension to be the color issue. I love the size of the meriweather and will tinker with it. I just want the "Meriweather' to be white (transparent) so it does not conflict with the modern extension.

Quote Originally Posted by Larsenex View Post
    Thank you. I discovered I had an extension from months ago called Font Large Meriweather, it was causing the fonts in the Modern extension to be the color issue. I love the size of the meriweather and will tinker with it. I just want the "Meriweather' to be white (transparent) so it does not conflict with the modern extension.
    I would make a copy of it, then have one for a light them and one for a dark theme.

I also forwarded to @jwatmough to review when he has a chance.

Regards,
    JPG

Jasons theme is excellent. I found that I had a conflict with another extension. I would like to be shown how to tweak a non forge/FG store font extension (like the one I mentioned> Large Meriweather) and change the color values so I can learn how to address issues where we have this. I can also help other players once I know how the process works.

Rename the extension to .zip and then unzip it. Inside you'll see an xml file which defines all the fonts for each different aspect of the UI. Make any adjustments and then zip the contents back up (not the top level folder - only the contents) and then change the .zip to .ext.

(Make a copy first and work on the copy so you can always go back to the original should you mess things up.)
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information