FG Spreadshirt Swag

Rest functionality request

Long and Short Rest Options (5e)

I'm kinda picky here, but I would like my players to get all HD but no healing during a long rest, and 1/4 HD during a short rest. Instead of the Standard/Healing Surge/Slow choices, I would like to have separate selections for HD vs HP like

Long Rest HD: All or 1/2 or 1/4 or None
    Long Rest HP: All or 1/2 or 1/4 or None
    Short Rest HD: All or 1/2 or 1/4 or None

Moderator: Moved this post to the D&D 5E thread. It was posted in the Forge Wishlist thread which is for requests to the Forge community content sharing/marketlace platform.

The Fantasy Grounds wishlist is available here: https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

This would most likely be something that would need to be a custom extension to modify the behaviors; since it's not part of the standard books and this is the first time I've even seen it asked for as a house rule.

Regards,
    JPG

Thank you for the reply Moon Wizard.

Would this be a difficult thing for me to attempt and where would be a good place to start reading. Last computer class I had was C+ programming about 20 years ago...

Blog Entries
    Start by checking the Forge. There might already be an extension that modifies the rest mechanic. If so, you might be able to modify it or ask the developer to make the changes that you are looking for.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I found a simple solution that gets me mostly what I wanted.

Healing Surges was too much healing and caused me to have to limit how many times a day a short rest could be taken.

"Normal" setting was too much healing for what I wanted. All HP back plus 1/2 HD, call it a score of 1.5.

"Slow" setting was a little too low on healing, no HP plus 1/2 HD, call it a score of 0.5.

What I did was use "Slow" setting, but when they take a long rest, I activate it twice. No HP but ALL HD, call it a score of 1.0.

It's a nice compromise ��.

Thread Information