DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 14 of 17 First ... 41213141516 ... Last

Thread: Effect Builder

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Here is how Kelrugem added support to one of his extensions: https://github.com/Kelrugem/Extended...effect_builder
    (Thanks for the reference, but for completeness, SoxMax did all of that, I just merged his code, hehe )

Hi,
    These seem surprisingly complex (dozens of lines of special code).
    I was hoping for something along the lines of the "hello world" program in C that shows the simplest example of an effect builder extension syntax.
    For example I made a derivative of a Celestion's extension from 2e for 5e that I called DMGX. The syntactic description is one line.
    DMGX (N) [multiplier] Damage multiplier. For example a 2 would double damage, 0.5 would reduce the damage by ½.
    I would like to be able to tell effect builder that DMGX is a valid effect with a positive floating point numerical argument that scales damage.
    Is there an example of something that simple?
    Thanks
    Web

Quote Originally Posted by webdove View Post
    I made a derivative of a Celestion's extension from 2e for 5e that I called DMGX. The syntactic description is one line.
    DMGX (N) [multiplier] Damage multiplier. For example a 2 would double damage, 0.5 would reduce the damage by ½.
    I would like to be able to tell effect builder that DMGX is a valid effect with a positive floating point numerical argument that scales damage.
    Is there an example of something that simple?
    This one is doing almost exactly that for "MHP: N": https://github.com/bmos/FG-PFRPG-Liv...effect_builder
    The effect manager process is not that intuitive if you don't have much familiarity with FG extension development (including XML)
    Last edited by bmos; April 7th, 2023 at 12:26.

I've added support for CoreRPG vision & light effects to the effect builder v1.9.0. I'll update the ruleset specific plugins with ruleset specific vision and lights next.

Have you updated the effect builder for starfinder lately? It's showing 150+ days on the forge. Just tried installing it for starfinder and it's giving me errors. Love it in my pathfinder game so was looking forward to it in the starfinder games. Thanks.

@celebrindal I haven't updated Starfinder, but I did push some updates to the base Effect Builder recently.

I spent a little bit of time trying the effect builder on starfinder (Just effect builder and starfinder plugin enabled) and wasn't able to get any errors. Can you send me the errors you're seeing?

*edit* still not working. snapshot of the errors. This is upon load with only the core modules loaded. (Core rulebook, alien archive, and starship op).

SF-editor-errors.jpg
    Last edited by celebrindal; May 19th, 2023 at 16:54.

Quote Originally Posted by celebrindal View Post
    *edit* still not working. snapshot of the errors. This is upon load with only the core modules loaded. (Core rulebook, alien archive, and starship op).

SF-editor-errors.jpg
    Have you loaded the Effect Builder extension? You need it AND the Starfinder add-on.
    https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/457/view

Yup that was it, I keep forgetting that I need both ;-)

@SoxMax maybe configure the add-ons to check for the core extension on load and pop up a warning window or chat message if it's not found?

Thread Information