STAR TREK 2d20
Page 6 of 17 First ... 4567816 ... Last

Thread: Effect Builder

I've added an explanation of how to add effects to the README of my Effect-Builder repo: https://github.com/SoxMax/FG-Effect-...main/README.md

Please let me know if anyone thinks I've missed something critical or there are parts that are just unclear.

I love it. No more reading up on effects from x different places and afterwards not understanding why it does not work because I did a ":" instead of a ";" somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    you/the devs can also check the plugins of SoxMax as coding examples; or also in my extension "Extended automation" in the directory effect builder In these extensions are a lot of examples one can follow and it is pretty straightforward. Additionally to SoxMax ATK example some posts ago one can also register own templates to the effect builder for adjusting the needed input (needed due to different styles in the effects) Examples for the latter are in my extension in /effectbuilder/common
    Thanks!

I am so impressed with the work you are doing on this extension. Effect Builder is probably the best and most useful extension I have. Great Job!

I have tested this now and have some suggestions to make it better. I have loaded this together with Kels extension and size change (and others, but it does not look like they are included yet)

These are the effects I am thinking of that I can not build using this extension:
    Some of these issuesare extension specific (Kels extension), and some are "vanilla" fantasy grounds.

General:
    When using PC tag like [STR], [LVL], etc, you can multiply by any number, this is correct, but this extension only allows you to divide by 2.
    No extension fantasy grounds PFRPG also supports divided by 3 and 4, these examples work but are missing:
    ATK: [QLVL] (level / 4)
    ATK: [TBAB) (BAB / 3)

and with Kels extension we can divide by any number like this:
    ATK: [d7LVL] (level / 7)

Ability:
    There is an options missing, to get +x on all ability checks, it should be like this:
    ABIL: 1
    Example is luckstone
    https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items...uck-luckstone/

Attacks -> Damage
    Here we need a box to select PC tags, like [STR], [LVL], etc.
    Example: smite evil
    DMG: [LVL]

Lacking PC tags like [LVL], [CL], is also missing from the following menues:
    Defense->Critical confirmation AC
    Defense->Spell resistance
    Miscellaneous->Hit reaction damage
    Spells->Spell damage

Miscellaneous->Negative level
    Missing dice option like:
    NLVL: [1d4]

Thanks for the thorough breakdown as always Svandal.

For ABIL I'll have to update that to be its own thing, I was hoping rolling it in with the Ability bonus itself would be enough since it makes for a nicer UI. Of course I should've know there's a way to get + check bonus to all abilities.

The missing PC tags on abilities are all because I just rolled that feature out today and no one has had a chance to update Kel's Automation Extension with that feature, unfortunately this means the base DMG ability is also affected since Kel's overrides that editor to provide extra functionality.

For the division by 3 and 4, along with dice in the negative level those appear to be undocumented features, at least according to this: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...d+3.5E+Effects
    Do you know if there's a better source of info for effects so I don't miss something again?

Quote Originally Posted by SoxMax View Post
    For the division by 3 and 4, along with dice in the negative level those appear to be undocumented features, at least according to this: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...d+3.5E+Effects
    Do you know if there's a better source of info for effects so I don't miss something again?
    There is not really a better source sadly; those are rather "recent" additions which is why they are not listed in the wiki, I think

And huch, I completely missed that you now also allow (N)PC tags

Hrm I'm trying Svandal's example of NLVL: [1d4] but it doesn't seem to do anything? I've created an effect in the actions tab and applied the effect to a target and it remains NLVL: [1d4]. Additionally attacks and ability checks don't have any minus applied to them. Is there something I'm missing?

Quote Originally Posted by SoxMax View Post
    Hrm I'm trying Svandal's example of NLVL: [1d4] but it doesn't seem to do anything? I've created an effect in the actions tab and applied the effect to a target and it remains NLVL: [1d4]. Additionally attacks and ability checks don't have any minus applied to them. Is there something I'm missing?
    That is something coming from my extension; not in the base code

Since you are now adding such tags, I can look into adding these dice tags to the effects builder since it is related to my extension (next to ROLLON and maybe all the other tag possibilities)

Ohhh, ok that makes sense. This is that NdM + K option so you can roll dice at application time, rather than at use time for the effect.

Thread Information