FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 4 of 17 First ... 2345614 ... Last

Thread: Effect Builder

This extension hasn't been out long at all and it's already getting better and better. Give it few months and manually building effects will be a thing we only remember in horror.

Question for people using the Effect Builder, would it be easier to work with if the Category Cycler (Attack, Defense, Susceptibility, etc) was replaced with a Combobox instead?

if a combobox is a dropdown menu or equivalent, then yes it would be imo.

Hey everyone, just a heads up the base Effect Builder extension no longer comes bundled with any Effect Editors. If people want some generic Effect Editors in a ruleset agnostic plugin let me know.

The reason for this change is that I needed to rework how Effect Editors are loaded in to support Extension specific effects. The new technique is much cleaner than what I was using before, but does mean that any editors provided in the base Effect Editor would show up alongside ruleset specific effects.

Shout-out to SoxMax and big thanks He went ahead and added the effects of my extended automations extensions to the effect builder If you load the effect builder (plus the 3.5e/PF1 plugin) and my extended automation extension, then the effects of my extension will also show up
    Last edited by Kelrugem; January 23rd, 2022 at 02:09.

Hey SoxMax,

Love the Effect Builder, have already found many uses for it in my games. Question I have is it possible to look at getting Aura effects and other types of effects placed into the builder. Just asking due to me not being a programmer myself.

Keep up the great work

Quote Originally Posted by Marmutt1369 View Post
    Hey SoxMax,

Love the Effect Builder, have already found many uses for it in my games. Question I have is it possible to look at getting Aura effects and other types of effects placed into the builder. Just asking due to me not being a programmer myself.

Keep up the great work
    Obviously, I can't speak for him, but I think that's the plan. There are 15-20 extensions that massively increase the number of options for coding effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmutt1369 View Post
    Hey SoxMax,

Keep up the great work
    Quote Originally Posted by BushViper View Post
    Obviously, I can't speak for him, but I think that's the plan. There are 15-20 extensions that massively increase the number of options for coding effects.
    SoxMax added compatibility with his Size extension and with my extended automation extension (thanks again ) However, it would be a lot of work for SoxMax to do all of that alone, so, in general it is better if the extension devs register their effects for the effect builder SoxMax and I (and others who know the effect builder code) can help in that

But I believe SoxMax wanted to point out somewhen how this works for devs in general (or I can try that, too ). But there are already the plugins for 3.5E/PF1 and 5E; a dev can use these as examples how to register effects for the builder
    Last edited by Kelrugem; January 24th, 2022 at 09:02.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    SoxMax added compatibility with his Size extension and with my extended automation extension (thanks again ) However, it would be a lot of work for SoxMax to do all of that alone, so, in general it is better if the extension devs register their effects for the effect builder SoxMax and I (and others who know the effect builder code) can help in that

But I believe SoxMax wanted to point out somewhen how this works for devs in general (or I can try that, too )
    I wouldn't dream of him doing it alone. The hope is that the authors of those extensions create a compatible plug-in and send it to him to incorporate in to his extension.

Quote Originally Posted by BushViper View Post
    I wouldn't dream of him doing it alone. The hope is that the authors of those extensions create a compatible plug-in and send it to him to incorporate in to his extension.
    I hope so, too, would be really neat if more devs support the effect builder

Thread Information