Starfinder Playlist
Page 9 of 17 First ... 7891011 ... Last

Thread: Effect Builder

Search feature? for when I know the command I am looking for but not where it is in your categories
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance. Here is the forum Link.

40+ PF1e Extensions & Modules I use, with links.

PF1E Coding Effects - Spreadsheet

Discord: Morenu

That's a pretty good idea, especially with more authors adding support for the effect builder. I wonder if I could do something like the Spells window is to store all the effects and add multiple things you could search on? Either way any search feature would be a big feature to add.

And since you have a name line, could we get a save feature so I could send other players to the already created effects, or even better, a depository of community made effects we could choose from ???
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance. Here is the forum Link.

Saving effects should be easy enough, just drag them to the custom effects in the Effects window. To create community effects it would probably be best to use the existing Modules system to hold all the effects.

If you mean saving an effect in the effect builder so you can see the UI elements that go into it, that's much harder since the effect builder is entirely ephemeral. It would probably be easier to build an effect parser -> effect builder tool which I've gotten a few asks for. That's unfortunately probably a bigger undertaking than search :P
    Last edited by SoxMax; June 9th, 2022 at 19:37.

Hi, Will you be adding Kent McCullough's effect extensions? Being able to add them with Effect Builder would be very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by webdove View Post
    Hi, Will you be adding Kent McCullough's effect extensions? Being able to add them with Effect Builder would be very helpful.
    Link to the extension?

I don't typically add support for extensions to the effect builder myself, but I'm willing to work with any extension authors that want to add their effects into the effect builder. Examples of this in the past are @rhagelstrom's Better Combat Effects or Kelrugem's Extended Automation

The README for the Effect Builder also has a brief explanation of how to integrate with the Effect Builder. https://github.com/SoxMax/FG-Effect-...main/README.md

Quote Originally Posted by Morenu View Post
    Link to the extension?
    Here is the dmsguild search page for "Kent McCullough Automatic"
    https://www.dmsguild.com/browse.php?...t=&pfrom=&pto=

Hello! I seem to be getting an error when I flip the effect type to Ongoing Damage

ahh, my last fix didn't quite get all of this. I've uploaded a more comprehensive fix.

Thread Information