DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 5 of 17 First ... 3456715 ... Last

Thread: Effect Builder

I'll probably add support for the Aura extension since I've worked with Bmos on that in the past. But yea overall I'm hoping individual authors choose to integrate on their own since it will be too much for me to maintain plugins for every major extension. Especially for rulesets and extensions I'm not very familiar with.

Quote Originally Posted by SoxMax View Post
    I'll probably add support for the Aura extension since I've worked with Bmos on that in the past. But yea overall I'm hoping individual authors choose to integrate on their own since it will be too much for me to maintain plugins for every major extension. Especially for rulesets and extensions I'm not very familiar with.
    This is great news and your position is understandable. Thank you for this great extension. I have a excel spreadsheet that I use to help organize what extension does what and what new effects are allowed.

Just a heads up I had to push some updates today that renames most of the UI components to something more unique for compatibility. Hopefully no one should notice a change, but report in if you're getting errors please.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    I hope so, too, would be really neat if more devs support the effect builder
    It would be helpful if you posted a walkthrough of adding an extension effect. I would be interested in learning how to add Kent McCullugh's "Automatic ..." that have new effect codes.

Quote Originally Posted by webdove View Post
    It would be helpful if you posted a walkthrough of adding an extension effect. I would be interested in learning how to add Kent McCullugh's "Automatic ..." that have new effect codes.
    This is way too reasonable. Like any mediocre programmer I'm allergic to writing documentation!

But yea I hopefully can have something written up this week. In the short term if you check one of the effects I've implemented, and its script file it may give some guidance:
    https://github.com/SoxMax/FG-Effect-...effect/ATK.xml
    https://github.com/SoxMax/FG-Effect-...cripts/ATK.lua

Basically every effect needs an XML like this with an associated script for the window that tells the effect how to compile itself into a String.

What did the Effect code string look like for this example?

Quote Originally Posted by SoxMax View Post
    I plan to add support to my extensions.
    From everything I have seen, this looks great!

Oh good. I love Aura Effect

Quote Originally Posted by webdove View Post
    What did the Effect code string look like for this example?
    That example is about the ATK effect

you/the devs can also check the plugins of SoxMax as coding examples; or also in my extension "Extended automation" in the directory effect builder In these extensions are a lot of examples one can follow and it is pretty straightforward. Additionally to SoxMax ATK example some posts ago one can also register own templates to the effect builder for adjusting the needed input (needed due to different styles in the effects) Examples for the latter are in my extension in /effectbuilder/common

Thread Information