5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Carouse! a 5E carousing extension

First off this was so much fun to make to be able to come up with the boons and the consequences. Also I plan to update this as DMs give feedback. Still plenty of rooms to add my table entries.

All the entries were written so they can apply to any type of character using gender neutral pronouns as best as I could. Some actually take whole new meanings if your have female characters or perhaps playing something like a half orc (who is in drag?!). I hope you guys enjoy it and can use it in your campaigns.

https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/456/view

***Enable from top left corner of the Party Sheet***

The more your players paint the town the more extreme their boons and consequences can become. I took many hours to come up with these. I tried to make them a tad humorous and I wanted them to add to your story that you are making. So there are lots of story, adventure and quest hooks built in. Maybe you meet and befriend a well to do NPC? Maybe you win a deed to an abandoned mine? Maybe you wake up in an alley covered in cats?! It is all here for you! See the video below for details. Most importantly you can hide the results from the players so the story is in your control.

I will be putting out a DnD classic version to be used with 1e/2e/PF/DCC/OSE in the future. Now Live!

https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/501/view
    Last edited by bayne7400; February 14th, 2022 at 13:36.

Looks a lot of fun, it isn't clear from your video where does the carousing window sit? How do you enable it etc.

Top left corner of the party sheet. It is always enabled

This is great and makes role-playing easy. One request: I use the Open Sans font available at: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/36/view. It has a slightly larger default font size that ruins the layout of your window. Hopefully there would be a way to change your Carouse window to be resizable? If not, perhaps make it a bit larger with spacers for those of us that use larger fonts.

carousing_open_sans_font.JPG

PS: The link to this thread is not working from the forge.

I will open it up for you thanks for the feedback

Ok give that a try.

Just wait until they run into the Dwarf and win the deed to the abandoned mine. It could hijack your entire campaign.

Wow! Thanks, it looks great!

Another thought for feedback, this time on function not form, is to consider enabling sharing of the window to players. I think they would enjoy entering in the amount of carousing funds and enhance the suspense by clicking the 'Start Carousing' button. Perhaps the consequences could be hidden from their view and be up to the GM to roll.

Unfortunately I ran your request through this carouse extension and this is what it came up with.

"[Diseased] Make a Con Save become diseased for 2d4 days (all attack and a skill rolls at -2) You awaken covered in household waste with a band of pigs grazing on the refuse covering your body. You are not sure how you got got in the pig sty but you quickly realize you are naked and someone drew an arrow above your navel pointing down. When you look down..."

Its a bigger lift to do that so Ill put it on the list. It took me two months to get the turn tracker on my OSE ruleset though so could be a bit.

New OSR version out on Forge. This one works across multiple rulesets.

Thread Information