DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last

I have always wondered what my limitations are on working on this extension. There are things done in the base COC6e ruleset that I don't like, and wish it were implemented closer to how 5e does things. This includes modding the inventory sheet to load/unload weapons from the combat portion; being able to actually create new weapons -from- the items tab, and modifying books to hold hypergeometric rituals (aka spells), and a couple of other things.
    Honestly, if I still played Delta Green (I have one or two player's that -loathe- the BRP ruleset and its variations, which means we never get to play it), for my use I would just flat out mod the core COC6e ruleset to BE a Delta Green ruleset, instead of relying off an extension.

Blog Entries
    CoC6E is one of the earliest rulesets there will be many things that would be done different if being done now Im sure.
    5E is going to always be better than 90% of rulesets.
    Copying 6E wholesale is not appropriate as it is a paid product.

My apologies, as I didn't realize a lot of the Combat Tracker had been deprecated. Although no one came for my head so I'm wondering if people still use this.

Anyway, this ext has been updated to 1.1.3 and I cleaned up some repetitive files where the CoC6e ruleset had modified.

Thank you Mach5RR, I don't get to run DG as much as I would like, but I always prefer to use FG over Foundry.

Lately I have only used it to prepare some games, but I intend to play them in FG using the extension. Thanks Mach5RR

Thanks still do from time to time

I'm just setting up to use this fantastic extension for my new Delta Green campaign, but I'm running into errors.

This occurs in a fresh campaign with no other extensions loaded.

The error occurs when making damage rolls for melee attacks
    Code:
    Script execution error: [string "DeltaGreen:ct/scripts/ct_attack.lua"]:108: attempt to index field 'dbdesc' (a nil value)
    Thanks in advance for any help!

Quote Originally Posted by Merecraft View Post
    I'm just setting up to use this fantastic extension for my new Delta Green campaign, but I'm running into errors.

This occurs in a fresh campaign with no other extensions loaded.

The error occurs when making damage rolls for melee attacks
    Code:
    Script execution error: [string "DeltaGreen:ct/scripts/ct_attack.lua"]:108: attempt to index field 'dbdesc' (a nil value)
    Thanks in advance for any help!
    Hey Merecraft, I'm having trouble replicating your problem. Just to verify, when you first start a DG campaign it should say v.0.1.3 (v2023-09-01).

Second, it looks like you are attempting to roll damage from the combat tracker (ct_attack.lua refers to part of the combat tracker). Just to be clear, you only roll damage for NPCs from the combat tracker. Damage from a character has to be done from the character sheet.

So, please do me a favor. Bring up what you are doing and take a screenshot - make sure we can see who is doing the damage, and where you are rolling the damage. If you are using the combat tracker, please expand all the fields under the damaging character (so I can see who they are targeting, effects, etc)

Okay, I found the error. It had to do with a changeover of how DG handles bonus damage for strength (flat number) vs how CoC6 did it (# of dice). I know you can add db damage by using +db as part of your damage roll on NPCs (ie 1D6+db). However, all of the NPCs in DG don't seem to use the DB in their stats, as anything over a certain strength just starts doing lethal damage, which is why I didn't notice it was doing this. Plus, I think I had fixed this in an earlier iteration, but FG redid the Combat Tracker. Give me a day or two, as I'm down to one arm at the moment.

Thread Information