STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Thanks Celestian, that was it! Wasn't working when I rolled initiative from character sheet but once I had PC in CT it worked!

Quote Originally Posted by Free Sky Days View Post
    1) allow multi-class fighter PC's (i.e. Fighter/Druid) to Weapon Specialize?
    Yes. I'm aware of no other instance were multiclassing outright removes a classes trait (indeed: for fighters, this is their *only* trait (unless you count henchmen starting at 9th))

2) subtract dexterity reaction adjustment from initiative rolls?
    Not exactly, but I do use it to improve weapon speeds.

Blog Entries
    As in all things; your game - you decide what is right.

We can answer and provide our rationale for how we adjudicate in our games (and in some instances the rationale is based off of up to 4+ decades of experience as a DM...), but really this just gives you another informational data point which you are free to consider and take on, or disregard as antithetical to your style of game.

No right, no wrong, just keep gaming and have fun.

Now, your players might read the RAW in the book and if you say "no, I'm doing it this way...", they may simply accept it, but they may also ask for your reason(s) for the change (while also accepting). So, be prepared to have that conversation because sooner or later it will be necessary.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    2) Nope. Not sure where that came from. By the book it's an adjustment to surprise.
    Extrapolated from an old AD&D 1e rule concerning initiative and missle weapons: "The Dexterity Attacking Adjustment is for missile firing considerations when initiative is considered. It adjusts the initiative die roll for the concerned individual only. Thus, it may well allow the concerned individual to discharge a missile prior to the opponent's attack even though the opponent has gained the initiative otherwise or vice versa. More important, this factor also gives the individual a 'to hit' penalty or bonus when discharging a missile at an opponent."

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisRevocateur View Post
    Extrapolated from an old AD&D 1e rule concerning initiative and missle weapons: "The Dexterity Attacking Adjustment is for missile firing considerations when initiative is considered. It adjusts the initiative die roll for the concerned individual only. Thus, it may well allow the concerned individual to discharge a missile prior to the opponent's attack even though the opponent has gained the initiative otherwise or vice versa. More important, this factor also gives the individual a 'to hit' penalty or bonus when discharging a missile at an opponent."
    Yup, I am not sure why it became a blanket "everything gets dex adjustment" and not just missile and when using adjustments. That also was when missiles had their own phase as well.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Thread Information