FG Spreadshirt Swag

Token Issue & Mysterious Mouse Issue

Before the update and still continuing: I can load up a module and open maps as usual. I can use scroll wheel to zoom in the map, adjust bonus on character sheets, etc.

As SOON as one of my players log in the middle mouse wheel quits working completely, making adjusting maps and sizing tokens impossible, and adjusting character sheets etc. no longer work either with middle mouse wheel. I shut down and reload, works fine again until somebody logs in...

Second issue,
    SINCE the update, my players can no longer see any tokens that I place on the board other than the standard A-Z tokens. They get the error-Can not download server tokens-or something like this.

Any ideas?
    "Winter is coming..."

Are you adjusting the map while the player(s) is/are still downloading the map? If so don't make any ajustments on the map until all you players have the map.

That just means the tokens are not transfering successfully for what ever reason. Are you running anything other than FG on the Host computer? Sounds like you may be running out of "Up" bandwith particulary if it happens when *any* player logs in. In particular you don't want to be running a VoIP server on the same external IP. If you have large common modules you could have the same type of problem if you start doing things while the module is still being sent to the clients.

I have not had a real problem with transfers with 2.1.0.

Thanks, G. You may have nailed part of my problem.
    I was running the voice over last night, and that probably was causing the token issue.

But previous game sessions a player was hosting voice, so not sure that was mouse wheel issue. And the map had already transferred to all players, so that wasn't it.

Thx for the info!
    A
    "Winter is coming..."

The mouse wheel thing just seems weird. I would suggest you have one of you players with a fast internet connection run the voice server.

I wouldn't worry about the tokens. I've found that the players usually get them eventually. Sometimes closing and opening the map with the tokens will fix it immediately. As long as you are linking the monsters to the combat tracker at worst they will get a pink square with a name on it. The only time I worry about missing token these days if the other players can't see another player's token.

Thread Information