FG Spreadshirt Swag

Bonus to all skills and saves to an NPC?

Hi all,
    I'm trying to re-create the primal companions as NPCs for a ranger player of mine using Tasha's Beast Master variant. We din't (re-)buy the manuals, so we're entering a lot of stuff by hand.

I gave up on linking anything to the rangers' proficiency bonus. Still, I'd like to have correct modifiers for skills and saves. The Beasts have a trait, call Primal Bond, that lets them add the ranger's PB to all skills and saves.
    While normally you list the (few!) skills and saves that the NPC has proficiency in in the sheet, I'd have to list all of them, with their correct value.
    Is there any way to avoid that?

To complicate things, there are three "forms" the Beast can take. I plan to prepare three different NPC sheets, but this means that they will not be in the combat tracker at all times. This makes an effect as a solution trickier.

Any help welcome
    Last edited by Rad80; January 11th, 2022 at 15:58. Reason: typo

You might want to try MeAndUnique’s Friend Zone extension.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...5E-Friend-Zone

I’m using to apply proficiency bonus to one of my player’s ranger companion. I set up a new NPC that adds in PB where needed, where before I would check/update the NPC bonuses manually after each level up.

Create an effect in the effects dialog of SKILL: x; SAVE: x where x is the correct proficiency bonus. Then apply that effect to the NPC once they are placed on the Combat Tracker.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I'm trying to not use extensions, but this one sounds perfect and would also help with LoS for the Wizard's owl familiar that does some scouting from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rad80 View Post
    I'm trying to not use extensions, but this one sounds perfect and would also help with LoS for the Wizard's owl familiar that does some scouting from time to time.
    I agree and try to keep my installed extensions to a minimum. I find Friend Zone and GKEnialb’s Token Height Indicator work well together and are the key ones for my party. Our ranger has a spider companion that likes to climb and another character has a flying familiar. Friend Zone enables my players to adjust their controlled NPC’s height and end NPC turn in the CT so I don’t need to do it for them. Accommodating owners proficiency bonus in the NPC character sheet was a secondary plus.

Thread Information