5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jharp View Post
    I would love to know if FG implemented in Unreal would have the same issues. Boy would I like to port FG to Unreal.

Jason
    A tool is only as good as the one using it. Great and bad products have been published with both engines, it's mostly personal preference and finding a suitable engine for the project (2D, 2D, film, AR, VR, visual novel, etc.)

----

Personally my biggest map was ~6k*6k with 6 PCs with one small hiccup of 1-2 sec.

When speaking about performance, keep in mind the many different layers:
    - FGU Engine (we can't see)
    - Ruleset (is never perfect)
    - Possible Extensions (=risk)
    - Possible Modules (a bazillion LoS points, a dozen FX layers, etc.)
    - User Data (Internet speed, pc specs, etc.)

We (the community) can only look at the bottom four points. As the modules and user data are the things with the most variable settings (everyone uses the program differently) most troubleshooting and recommendations are made there.
    If you are seeing performace issues, post them in the House of Healing Forum with as much information as possible. That way the devs can identify possible problems faster. Developing is no magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarestia View Post
    A tool is only as good as the one using it. Great and bad products have been published with both engines, it's mostly personal preference and finding a suitable engine for the project (2D, 2D, film, AR, VR, visual novel, etc.)

----

Personally my biggest map was ~6k*6k with 6 PCs with one small hiccup of 1-2 sec.

When speaking about performance, keep in mind the many different layers:
    - FGU Engine (we can't see)
    - Ruleset (is never perfect)
    - Possible Extensions (=risk)
    - Possible Modules (a bazillion LoS points, a dozen FX layers, etc.)
    - User Data (Internet speed, pc specs, etc.)

We (the community) can only look at the bottom four points. As the modules and user data are the things with the most variable settings (everyone uses the program differently) most troubleshooting and recommendations are made there.
    If you are seeing performace issues, post them in the House of Healing Forum with as much information as possible. That way the devs can identify possible problems faster. Developing is no magic.
    I certainly agree with your sentiment that people that don't have a good grasp on a platform can product bad products. As I said I would love to port it to Unreal.

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by jharp View Post
    As I said I would love to port it to Unreal.

Jason
    And what this Unreal engine will bring?
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    And what this Unreal engine will bring?
    Possibly nothing. Maybe something. But it is moot without SW agreeing.

Jason

Thread Information