DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Another Feature Request for Combat tracker

It would be really nice if you could somehow indicate that a weapon is drawn or not. Ideally you should only be able to roll for weapons that are drawn. Would be really nice as optional feature.

To further expand on this idea, it would nice if you have a two handed weapon drawn, your shield bonus is automatically unchecked when combat is resolved.

i like this idea, would maybe be more suitable as an extension created by the community, instead of a core feature to give the smiteworks devs more room to work on more important core features instead of niche use cases

Quote Originally Posted by feelej25 View Post
    i like this idea, would maybe be more suitable as an extension created by the community, instead of a core feature to give the smiteworks devs more room to work on more important core features instead of niche use cases
    Are there any good tutorials out there on how to extend the combat tracker? Thanks.

There isn't anything in particular about extending the combat tracker for RMC ruleset. I do recommend you start with small changes to begin with. Here is a link to the Developer Guide in the wiki which contains a lot of useful information: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...eveloper+Guide

Ok thanks. Another idea, does the combat tracker have any awareness of the orientation of the tokens? For instance, if you are facing the side of a token then that should automatically be a flank attack, or the rear should be a rear attack.

When I found out that RMC was available on FG I was very excited because I thought it would help with automated all the rules in combat. However I think there could be more done to help this automation. For instance there are some generic things that can be built in. All non missle weapons are required to be drawn, or changed or shifted. All missile weapons are required to be loaded. Most spells require preparation. Adding checkboxes for these things would really speed up combat and not require to lookup the modifier table so much. Ideally it would be nice to have most common actions in the combat tracker.

I can do some coding myself, but it might take me a while to figure out the extensions.

There isn't a way to determine flanking unless facing it turned on and I don't know if that is still possible since I only played with it in FGC and it was more work than it was worth since I could easily tell their facing based who they were attacking.

It doesn't automate all the rules. That would be impossible to do with a system like Rolemaster because there are so many optional rules and different ways that people play the game. What it does it facilitates playing Rolemater by automating the more time consuming things. What I try to do is add features that make it easier to run games by adding things to help when things slow down. If you saw how it was 2 years ago, then you would understand how far it has come in just the last couple years. I do this in my spare time to help the community and that is the best that I can do.

Someone else can always write an extension to add additional functionality. That is why I asked that the ruleset not be placed in the vault because it makes it easier to do that.

Yes the FGU version is a great improvement over any other system I have used before and I really appreciate all the work that has gone into it. I am just offering some friendly suggestions on how to make it even better. I figured the token orientation thing was a bit of a stretch, but I thought I would ask.

Suggestions and ideas are a good thing so keep them coming. Just as long as we both realize that not everything can or should be automated.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    Suggestions and ideas are a good thing so keep them coming. Just as long as we both realize that not everything can or should be automated.
    Agreed! I was trying to think of generic things, like weapon drawing and spell prep. Mechanically speaking the game is much more fluid the less you have to use the modifiers table (which is very useful nonetheless).

Thread Information