SWADE Playlist
Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last
  1. #21
    I noticed that Stealth Tracker with no EXTs or mods loaded, it will display in chat the DC as if it were a roll or like when you roll a save but no one targeted.

    [SAVE VS] Acid Splash [DEX DC 10] [MAGIC][TYPE acid] 10

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I noticed that Stealth Tracker with no EXTs or mods loaded, it will display in chat the DC as if it were a roll or like when you roll a save but no one targeted.
    Sorry for the problems MrDDT. I'll look into it tonight.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I noticed that Stealth Tracker with no EXTs or mods loaded, it will display in chat the DC as if it were a roll or like when you roll a save but no one targeted.
    I issued the fix along with some changes for deprecated functions and other stuff. Basically, I wasn't handling the casts correctly. I started to fix it and ran into a couple of other things that started to take more time. I went to the rules and looked at what reveals someone hiding and making an attack (or noise) will do the trick. Fortunately, spell attacks (any spell with an attack roll) are handled already as those are attacks. So I removed the flawed cast stealth processing and gonna leave it at that. Any spells that don't have attack rolls will be up to the DM if they wanna expire any stealth effect or whatever. Thanks for the report MrDDT, I appreciate it.

  4. #24
    Oh no... I found another problem in some late testing on a connected client. Gonna fix.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinFreitas View Post
    I issued the fix along with some changes for deprecated functions and other stuff. Basically, I wasn't handling the casts correctly. I started to fix it and ran into a couple of other things that started to take more time. I went to the rules and looked at what reveals someone hiding and making an attack (or noise) will do the trick. Fortunately, spell attacks (any spell with an attack roll) are handled already as those are attacks. So I removed the flawed cast stealth processing and gonna leave it at that. Any spells that don't have attack rolls will be up to the DM if they wanna expire any stealth effect or whatever. Thanks for the report MrDDT, I appreciate it.
    Thanks for the continued hard work, Justin.

    Also, since you went down the path of trying to figure out (and accommodate) being brought out of Stealth after an attack, I figured I'd add that there are abilities (from Feats, sub-class features, etc.) that prevent an attacker from being revealed. I think there are even a few weapons (for some reason I'm thinking Blowgun) that don't reveal the attacker, but that's a whole different can of worms.

    Thanks again!
    Last edited by BushViper; January 25th, 2022 at 05:34.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by BushViper View Post
    Thanks for the continued hard work, Justin.

    Also, since you went down the path of trying to figure out (and accommodate) being brought out of Stealth after an attack, I figured I'd add that there are abilities (from Feats, sub-class features, etc.) that prevent an attacker from being revealed. I think there are even a few weapons (for some reason I'm thinking Blowgun) that don't reveal the attacker, but that's a whole different can of worms.

    Thanks again!
    Yeah, great points. I think I'm just gonna keep it simple for now after revisiting the rules and seeing that.

    I fixed the message error problem I mentioned in the other post. Ugggghhhh... I hate it when I create bugs. Anyway, just tested it and it's back to normal. v3.6.2

  7. #27
    Thanks for the update, I had a chance to test it out, this works great thank you.

    @Bushviper's request, I think its best not to code for edge cases, in these cases the player/DM will know they can just put the effect back on them or whatnot.

  8. #28
    Hi, Nice extension! I just tried it and it seems to work with drow vs PC. However, when I added an Acolyte to the CT and map there was no "stealth +0" in the CT entry for it.
    Acolyte skills.png
    Acolyte CT.png

    Also, would there be any chance of added "opposed rolls" for when creatures are in combat?
    PHB 177: “In combat, most creatures stay alert for signs of danger all around, so if you come out of hiding and approach a creature, it usually sees you."
    Last edited by webdove; March 3rd, 2022 at 05:07.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by webdove View Post
    Hi, Nice extension! I just tried it and it seems to work with drow vs PC. However, when I added an Acolyte to the CT and map there was no "stealth +0" in the CT entry for it.
    Acolyte skills.png
    Acolyte CT.png

    Also, would there be any chance of added "opposed rolls" for when creatures are in combat?
    PHB 177: “In combat, most creatures stay alert for signs of danger all around, so if you come out of hiding and approach a creature, it usually sees you."
    Hi. The Stealth +0 happens when the turn marker in combat advances to that actor. So start combat, click the actor before the acolyte, and press the next turn button to advance the combat. Then it should write it.

    Opposed rolls? I probably won't be adding anything major... but if you wanna do it that way, just turn off the expiration of Stealth in the options and do an opposed roll. The information in the chat window is informational only and can be ignored or silenced in the options.

    Good luck!

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by webdove View Post
    Hi, Nice extension! I just tried it and it seems to work with drow vs PC. However, when I added an Acolyte to the CT and map there was no "stealth +0" in the CT entry for it.
    Acolyte skills.png
    Acolyte CT.png

    Also, would there be any chance of added "opposed rolls" for when creatures are in combat?
    PHB 177: “In combat, most creatures stay alert for signs of danger all around, so if you come out of hiding and approach a creature, it usually sees you."
    You can also make a Dex check with the actor and drag that result to the actor in the CT and it will log a Stealth effect.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
DMsGuild

Log in

Log in