DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Creating my own Exhaustion effects

Inspired by the One DnD approach to Exhaustion, I'd like to create my own. Could anyone help me with the coding I would need to have effects that do the following;

- All rolls suffer -1 penalty
    - -5ft to movement

I guess the Exhaustion should decrease by one step with each long rest, too.

Is this possible?

Blog Entries
    First, don't use "exhaustion" (any capitalization) as your effect name. Since it is already something coded in the ruleset. Maybe call it "EXH". Second, 5E doesn't track movement, so anything you add there is purely informational.
    So, all rolls... is kinda vague. Do you mean all attack rolls? All saves? All damage rolls??? What about death saves? Concentration checks? What about healing rolls?

If you only want attack rolls, then: EXH; ATK: -1
    Then you have SAVE: -1 and CHECK: -1 and SKILL: -1 (be aware, skills are a type of check). As well, DMG: -1 and HEAL: -1 are possible too.
    But be aware Damage and healing might be fixed numbers, and the above will affect those too (not just rolled values).

Note, effects don't stack, so you will have to adjust the 1 value to 2, 3... as EXH increases.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

An extension already exists to help automate the One D&D style exhaustion: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/70/view

You can set it to the one D&D style in the settings as it is defaulted to existing rules. I switched over to One D&D style as it is much easier/forgiving now to use.
    It doesn't automate movement, but nothing in fantasy grounds does anyway.
    Last edited by Dudin; December 31st, 2022 at 21:05.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudin View Post
    An extension already exists to help automate the One D&D style exhaustion: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/70/view
    Thanks, I do already have that extension, but that's where I started getting the idea to customise my own version.

@LordEntrails - if I wanted Attack AND Skill checks, but not damage and healing, how would I include all that in one string?

If it's faff, then I might just make a personal note to include lost movement and stick to the extension above..

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier7 View Post
    Thanks, I do already have that extension, but that's where I started getting the idea to customise my own version.

@LordEntrails - if I wanted Attack AND Skill checks, but not damage and healing, how would I include all that in one string?

If it's faff, then I might just make a personal note to include lost movement and stick to the extension above..
    ATK: -1; SKILL:-1 is all you would need if you don't want any other checks to have a penalty. You can include others in the same effect if you need it just separate each check with a semi colon. (So if you also wanted to add a penalty to damage then it would be ATK: -1;SAVE: -1;DMG: -1)
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information