STAR TREK 2d20

Lighting issue for one player

[QUOTE= Everyone could see the lighting effect from rooms at a distance through walls, even though LOS and FOW was on. [/QUOTE]

I can continue this thread because I am experiencing the same issue with FGU v14.1.13, 5e rule set, Lost Mines of Phandelver Module, Redbrand Hideout map (Player), and Wave Echo Cave map (Player). Host is Windows 10 (19043.1415) with Ultimate License and client is Mac (who knows?) with Demo License. Both FGU v14.1.13.

Out of five players (all demo license) only one is running Mac and with these two maps (shared to players without modification) the Mac player sees a black map with LOS for the room he is in as expected. The issue is any other room that has a light source turned on, he can see. So image a large black map with scattered visible rooms with lights on.

When I turn off the light in a room that section goes black on his map. I tested 3 custom maps I built as well as the module provided Cragmaw Hideout (Player) and they work as expected. Lights on in other rooms are not revealed. From my host view using "players preview" I cannot see the other lit rooms. I also cannot reproduce it by connecting locally from another instance (Windows) on my hist machine.

MODERATION: Moved to own thread. Please create a new thread when reporting issues; especially when thread older than a month.

Can you provide the campaign folder zipped up for this campaign, as well as which map is affected and which play user name is seeing this?

Regards,
    JPG

Attached is a zip folder named New_Group.zip. The two maps so far that have the issue are Redbrand Hideout map (Player) and Wave Echo Cave map (Player). The player name that can see all rooms with lighting is Thraen (jasnbasn).

*FYI - Firefox would not upload the attachment due to Secure Connection Failed. It seems to have an issue with the web cert. I was able to upload via Edge browser.*
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by RasJay; January 14th, 2022 at 06:13.

I was trying to look at this today using a split setup with a Windows and Mac machine; but I wasn't able to recreate the issue.

Questions:
    * Can you double-check that the Mac player is running the latest version of the FGU software from the version reported on the launch screen? (Should be v4.1.13)
    * If they are running the most recent version, can you have them open the FG data folder from the launcher screen (folder button in upper left), and then delete the cache folder before rejoining game?

Here are the steps I followed:
    * Started FGU on Windows machine using the campaign you provided.
    * Open Characters list
    * Clear owner on Thraen character
    * Open Thraen character sheet
    * Double-click on token to open the map from LMoP
    * Started FGU on Mac machine
    * Connected to Windows machine as player
    * Selected Thraen as the player's character choice
    * Double click on character sheet token to open the map.

If you're still seeing the issue after verifying the version and attempting a cache clear, then perhaps you can see if you guys used a different set of steps that might be causing the issue?

Regards,
    JPG

I was using screen share through Zoom to reproduce the issue (visually see what he sees) with the Mac player and with that I verified he is on the same version. We played again today and this time he could see the rooms of Cragmaw Hideout which he could not see in my initial report. I will get with him this weekend and clear his cache to see if that resolves the issue.

Deleting all of the contents from the Mac cache folder seemed to resolve the issue on the Cragmaw Hideout map. This was during our session and did not have time to test any other maps. Is there a more programmatic way to delete the cache through the interface? Or is deleting the contents from the cache folder acceptable?

Deleting the contents of the cache folder will work.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information