5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 51 of 54 First ... 414950515253 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    I just downloaded the new version of Fantasy Grounds. I believe a fix that was pushed to resolve an issue I reported on Dec 7th is erroneous (see posts #483-487 of this thread).
    I believe the exact opposite of the desired behavior has been effected.

No extensions are loaded.

Attached is a screenshot. I marched through similar steps as those I posted previously. Details are described in the edited/annotated screenshot.
    Please note
    • both the GM's instance of FG (boxed in orange) and the Player's instance (boxed in blue-gray) are shown in the screenshot.
    • the Options Manager Tool settings that are shown in the screenshot are mandatory

Untitled.jpg
    Last edited by Minty23185Fresh; December 15th, 2022 at 17:08. Reason: added image
    Current Projects:
    Always...
    Community Contributions:
    Extensions: Bardic Inspiration, Druid Wild Shapes, Local Dice Tower, Library Field Filters
    Tutorial Blog Series: "A Neophyte Tackles (coding) the FG Extension".

I have not pushed an update to the rulesets, only the client.

JPG

Blog Entries
    The Save roll is a roll for the character. It's being triggered by the GM, but the roll is their saving throw.

Kobold Press, Tome of Beast 2, Diminution Drake, Actions

The text for "In One Bite" action is included inside the "Claw" action instead of having its own action.

I will bring this to the developer's attention.
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; December 21st, 2022 at 21:54.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Tomb of Beasts 3:
    "Fiend Lord, Abhaddanayla" has the incorrect token. It looks like the author accidentally used "Fiend Lord, Malaabit"'s token art instead.
    Looking in the token folder, it seems the token image for "Fiend Lord, Abhaddanayla" is missing.

Thanks I'll pass this on.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

In Monsters of the Multiverse, the Shifter race when chosen pops up a window (correctly) allowing the player to choose a skill proficiency from 4 available. But then when choosing a subrace, FG improperly also gives one of those skill proficiencies based on the subrace chosen - an old rule from the Eberron version of the race, that was replaced with free choice in MotM. It places those proficiencies as traits on the Abilities tab with names like "Fierce" (for Intimidation, which it pairs with Longtooth)
    Last edited by ColoradoGM; December 22nd, 2022 at 08:14.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoGM View Post
    In Monsters of the Multiverse, the Shifter race when chosen pops up a window (correctly) allowing the player to choose a skill proficiency from 4 available. But then when choosing a subrace, FG improperly also gives one of those skill proficiencies based on the subrace chosen - an old rule from the Eberron version of the race, that was replaced with free choice in MotM. It places those proficiencies as traits on the Abilities tab with names like "Fierce" (for Intimidation, which it pairs with Longtooth)
    The answer here is to not have the Eberron book open if you want to use the Shifter race since the MotM version replaces the one in Eberron. There's not much that can be done to stop the subrace choice popping up if you have the Eberron book open (or any other module with the Shifter race in it), since FG looks through everything you have open looking for subraces of the chosen race. The same will apply to a number of races where these kind of changes have been made to the way the race works.

Also if you use the character wizard then no choice of skill pops up at all when the race is selected. So that's something that I'll pass on to the character wizard developer. Currently the character wizard is undergoing a major revision and the new version will allow you to pick the race from a specific book and will correctly handle this kind of thing where different versions of a race appear in different books. So in this case it won't pop up a subrace choice if you select the MotM version of the Shifter but will if you choose the Eberron version. However the choice of skill isn't popping up in the new version, so again, I'll pass that along to the CW developer.

Thanks! I hope they don't take the same approach with subclasses, since people will want to browse through all the subclasses in all books when choosing one at level 3-ish.

Thread Information