FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 45 of 54 First ... 354344454647 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Dog View Post
    Any way we can get the full player maps for Against the Giants in Yawning Portal? The ones we have are chopped up but I'd like the option to use a full map and can create my own walls and lights, etc.
    It is a shame that you have to seek elsewhere for complete maps when you are a purchaser of the module. I would think it would be nice to give the buyer a choice rather than be forced to play a map cut-up in several sections. All that needs to be done is include the full map and let the buyer decided if he wants to include all the walls and lights, etc., the buyer has to do that anyway if he seeks maps outside of the FGU module.
    There is an in-depth discussion, and reasons for how they were done, here: Yawning Portal map quality (fantasygrounds.com)

In short, this module was made when FGC was still active, and the image quality had to be compliant with the standards for FGC. I know it would be great if all the older modules were updated to FGU standards, but not sure if there is enough value or time available for people to do that. It would be up to SmiteWork and maybe Mr. Z if it's something they would consider doing (it would also necessitate separate FGC and FGU versions).

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I appreciate the reply. Speculation does not do anything, though. I will speculate, too, and state if they have the original map image files, I don't think it would take long to just plop them in. Like I stated, the user can then decide to add their own walls and stuff. This is what you have to do anyway with aftermarket maps.

Blog Entries
    I appreciate the reply. Speculation does not do anything, though. I will speculate, too, and state if they have the original map image files, I don't think it would take long to just plop them in. Like I stated, the user can then decide to add their own walls and stuff. This is what you have to do anyway with aftermarket maps.
    I'm not really speculating. I think you missed these two comments from that thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    .... Additionally many of the maps are from the original adventures and so aren't high resolution to begin with. If I made them bigger then the pixellation would be worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    The artists versions of the maps are not supplied. The images that are used are the ones that form the hardcover book output.
    So, SmiteWorks doesn't have legal access to the high resolution versions. It's possible that they could be given them, but right now they don't have permission to redistribute them since they were not included in the printed versions.

If they do obtain them, and the rights to distribute them, then yes they could put them in. But it would still necessitate that they maintain the low res version for FGC users since it is very likely the high res versions would not work within a 32-bit application. I don't know if the current distribution pipeline has an architecture that supports two different channels. It might, but I haven't seen any indication that it currently does. They could build such, but would it be a wise business decision? Not my call.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Adventure: Curse of Strahd
    Story: 18.03.20 Children's Room
    Bug: Last sentence of the Development section is incomplete. It's missing the words "of the Player's Handbook)", and there should be a link to that section for easy lookup

<ignore original message. caused by extension>
    Last edited by dbachen; November 18th, 2022 at 03:08. Reason: incorrect report

Quote Originally Posted by dbachen View Post
    Adventure: Curse of Strahd
    Story: 18.03.20 Children's Room
    Bug: Last sentence of the Development section is incomplete. It's missing the words "of the Player's Handbook)", and there should be a link to that section for easy lookup
    Thanks; I'll add that to my list. I don't usually link to specific books in adventures since the user might not own that book. I did link a lot of stuff in the 'starter' adventures to the specific rulebooks that come with those adventures (since the user will definitely have those books).
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Curse of Strahd:
    Story 12.00 Chapter 12: The WIzard of Wines - the 'i' in "WIzard" is inadvertently capitalized.

Thanks, added to the list.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries

Spell Added to NPC During Game Play Fails to Parse in Combat Tracker

During game play an NPC acquired a spell, when added to the NPC via the Combat Tracker, the spells title and details fail to parse (screen shot provided).

Untitled.jpg

Steps to repeat...
    1. New 5E campaign
    2. No extensions (see screenshot)
    3. Open 5E Player's Handbook and Monster Manual
    4. Add "Mage" NPC to Combat Tracker
    5. In the Combat Tracker click on Shield Icon to bring up the Mage (the instance in the C.T.)
    6. Unlock the Mage Stat Sheet (in the title bar)
    7. Scroll to the bottom of the Mage's Stat Sheet
    8. Drag the "Moonbeam" spell from the Spells Recordset on to the bottom of the Mage Stat Sheet
    9. Relock the Mage's Stat Sheet
    10. Note the absence of the spell's title and its basic stats in the C.T. (see screen shot)
    11. Note that if I click the Shield Icon for the errantly parsed spell, as shown in the right portion of the screenshot, the Moonbeam's stats really are present.

I have tried various things to get it to reparse, including:
    1. Cycling the turn off of and back on to the Mage
    2. Closing the C.T. and bring it back up
    3. Reloading (/reload) Fantasy Grounds
    4. Completely restarting FG

All without success.
    Current Projects:
    Always...
    Community Contributions:
    Extensions: Bardic Inspiration, Druid Wild Shapes, Local Dice Tower, Library Field Filters
    Tutorial Blog Series: "A Neophyte Tackles (coding) the FG Extension".

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Minty23185Fresh View Post
    During game play an NPC acquired a spell, when added to the NPC via the Combat Tracker, the spells title and details fail to parse (screen shot provided).

Untitled.jpg

Steps to repeat...
    1. New 5E campaign
    2. No extensions (see screenshot)
    3. Open 5E Player's Handbook and Monster Manual
    4. Add "Mage" NPC to Combat Tracker
    5. In the Combat Tracker click on Shield Icon to bring up the Mage (the instance in the C.T.)
    6. Unlock the Mage Stat Sheet (in the title bar)
    7. Scroll to the bottom of the Mage's Stat Sheet
    8. Drag the "Moonbeam" spell from the Spells Recordset on to the bottom of the Mage Stat Sheet
    9. Relock the Mage's Stat Sheet
    10. Note the absence of the spell's title and its basic stats in the C.T. (see screen shot)
    11. Note that if I click the Shield Icon for the errantly parsed spell, as shown in the right portion of the screenshot, the Moonbeam's stats really are present.

I have tried various things to get it to reparse, including:
    1. Cycling the turn off of and back on to the Mage
    2. Closing the C.T. and bring it back up
    3. Reloading (/reload) Fantasy Grounds
    4. Completely restarting FG

All without success.
    Yep, this has always been the behavior. To get the spells to reparse, you have to remove ALL spells from the NPC, then add to the CT or use the right mouse Parse spells option. I'm sure this is part of a performance thing, i.e. not reparsing except under specific situations.

EDIT: misunderstood, the extra blank line is interesting... Not sure what's happening.

Thread Information