5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 4 of 54 First ... 2345614 ... Last
    A few issues in 5E SRD classes:
    -Barbarian, in the first row of the table it should be "Rage, Unarmored Defense" (comma missing)
    -Barbarian, Hit Points section, Hit Points at 1st Level: add "+" before "your Constitution modifier" so it actually adds it
    -Barbarian, Hit Points section, Hit Points at Higher Levels: same as above
    -Paladin, Hit Points section: remove space from "1d 10" so it parses properly

Vampire Spawn are not saving with disadvantage vs Sunbeam.

Quote Originally Posted by digimatt View Post
    A few issues in 5E SRD classes:
    -Barbarian, in the first row of the table it should be "Rage, Unarmored Defense" (comma missing)
    -Barbarian, Hit Points section, Hit Points at 1st Level: add "+" before "your Constitution modifier" so it actually adds it
    -Barbarian, Hit Points section, Hit Points at Higher Levels: same as above
    -Paladin, Hit Points section: remove space from "1d 10" so it parses properly
    I'll add those to my list
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by UANightfire View Post
    Vampire Spawn are not saving with disadvantage vs Sunbeam.
    Welcome to FG.

This isn't automated and there's no real way to do it automatically. You'll need to press the DIS button when a Vampire is in sunlight (FGU can't know what the weather is like).
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Welcome to FG.

This isn't automated and there's no real way to do it automatically. You'll need to press the DIS button when a Vampire is in sunlight (FGU can't know what the weather is like).
    This has nothing to do with the weather.
    Sunbeam is a 6th evocation level spell to which all undead save vs with disadvantage.

If you were discussing weather, vampire spawn do not even get a save when in actual sunlight.

Quote Originally Posted by UANightfire View Post
    This has nothing to do with the weather.
    Sunbeam is a 6th evocation level spell to which all undead save vs with disadvantage.

If you were discussing weather, vampire spawn do not even get a save when in actual sunlight.
    Sorry, misread what you said. Still not automated I'm afraid. You can set up an effect (DISSAV) and apply to the target just before the saving throw is rolled or press the DIS button. Vampire isn't a recognised creature type so you can't set up an IFT: TYPE (although undead is recognised) and DISSAV isn't a targeted effect anyway.

Please ignore my comments about these actually affecting character creation/parsing, it's just the reference text that's wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by digimatt View Post
    Please ignore my comments about these actually affecting character creation/parsing, it's just the reference text that's wrong.
    Yeah, I did wonder about that. I'll fix up the reference when I next update the SRD.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Sorry, misread what you said. Still not automated I'm afraid. You can set up an effect (DISSAV) and apply to the target just before the saving throw is rolled or press the DIS button. Vampire isn't a recognised creature type so you can't set up an IFT: TYPE (although undead is recognised) and DISSAV isn't a targeted effect anyway.
    Vampire may not be recognised but undead is, isn't it?
    I can work around this, it's not an end of the world issue for me. Fantasy Grounds greatest claim to fame in the VTT world is its automation. Just doing my part to help point out where that fails to hopefully give newbies a better experience.

Yes, as I noted undead is a recognised type. But the main problem is DISSAV is not a targetable effect. There's probably an extension which will allow you to add this kind of effect somewhere on the Forge. Do note that not every aspect of the ruleset is fully automated. 90% of Sunbeam is automated; the only aspect that isn't is that undead get disadvantage on the save.

Thread Information