DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 21 of 54 First ... 11192021222331 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherockii View Post
    You're right, I mean MOTM Alhoon. And it is concerned every monster in this book with spellcasting ability. Monster sheet doesn't load spells that listed in this ability. PHB was loaded. I think there is a problem with wording. Spellcasting in the MOTM book looks different.
    As I said I cannot reproduce this problem. In the first image below I don't have the PHB loaded and as you see I get an error in chat and the spells don't populate when the NPC sheet is opened. In the second image I have now loaded the PHB; closed and reopened the NPC sheet and I no longer get the chat message and the spells have populated in the NPC sheet. So you must load the PHB before opening the NPC sheet or placing the NPC on the combat tracker. Also if you load the PHB after opening the NPC sheet you must close the NPC sheet and reopen it in order for the spell parsing to work.

There is an issue with certain casters such as the Yuan-ti reported above which have additional text; namely (psionics) after the spellcasting trait name and that is preventing the spells from populating. That is on Moon Wizards list of things to fix in the next ruleset update. In the meantime you can remove the (psionics) bit from the trait name and then close and reopen the NPC sheet to have the spells populate.

If there are other specific instances of spells not populating (and the reason isn't to do with additional text after the spellcasting trait name) then if you can specify which monsters and I'll have a look.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; May 23rd, 2022 at 09:33.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Eru the One View Post
    As a player connecting to my DM who does not have the module, I'm still having this issue with the images displaying for a split second then disappearing. Closing and re-opening is not working. (MOTM)
    Try clearing your cache or reverting the module.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherockii View Post
    You're right, I mean MOTM Alhoon. And it is concerned every monster in this book with spellcasting ability. Monster sheet doesn't load spells that listed in this ability. PHB was loaded. I think there is a problem with wording. Spellcasting in the MOTM book looks different.
    Hello Sherockii,

There was indeed a wording syntax change with the Spellcasting trait for MOTM. To accommodate this, we updated the 5E ruleset to handle the new language. If it is not being recognized for you, then can you check to see if you have an unpacked folder called "5E" in your rulesets folder? If so, then this would be an older version of the ruleset and it would override the newest, official version.

-Doug

Monsters of the Multiverse module:
    It looks like spellcasting (psionics) trait (eg. Elder Oblex and Elder Brain) doesn't generate the spells from PHB to the combat tracker. While the normal spellcasting trait (eg. Evoker Wizard) generates the spells as intended. (see screenshot).
    I have new 5E campaign, no extensions and MotM and PHB loaded the moment I add the NPCs to the combat tracker.

Fantasy Grounds Converter for Grim Press
    My projects:

See post #201 just above yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    You are correct - the text after the spellcasting trait is indeed preventing spell population. This is something which will need to be updated in the ruleset and Moon Wizard is aware of the issue. In the meantime you can remove the text and the spells should then update when you close and reopen the NPC.
    Wasn't aware this was already noted.
    (psionics) after Spellcasting is similar issue.
    My apologies.
    My projects:

I just pushed a hot fix to the 5E ruleset that should address the "Spellcasting (Psionics)" issue from MotM. Can someone other than me verify that it is working for them now?

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    I just pushed a hot fix to the 5E ruleset that should address the "Spellcasting (Psionics)" issue from MotM. Can someone other than me verify that it is working for them now?

Regards,
    JPG
    Works for me. Thx for the quick update.
    My projects:

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    As I said I cannot reproduce this problem. In the first image below I don't have the PHB loaded and as you see I get an error in chat and the spells don't populate when the NPC sheet is opened. In the second image I have now loaded the PHB; closed and reopened the NPC sheet and I no longer get the chat message and the spells have populated in the NPC sheet. So you must load the PHB before opening the NPC sheet or placing the NPC on the combat tracker. Also if you load the PHB after opening the NPC sheet you must close the NPC sheet and reopen it in order for the spell parsing to work.

There is an issue with certain casters such as the Yuan-ti reported above which have additional text; namely (psionics) after the spellcasting trait name and that is preventing the spells from populating. That is on Moon Wizards list of things to fix in the next ruleset update. In the meantime you can remove the (psionics) bit from the trait name and then close and reopen the NPC sheet to have the spells populate.

If there are other specific instances of spells not populating (and the reason isn't to do with additional text after the spellcasting trait name) then if you can specify which monsters and I'll have a look.
    Previously the spells would get added to the NPC when was created and closed and there wasn't a dependency on the CT. Has that changed? Is the old way not longer valid, or can they both be used?

Asking since it will be impact conversions. Right now you can just copy/paste the spell list from the stat block and have it auto-populate your spells.

For creatures with spellcasting trait, the spells are not auto-populated in the NPC by default, since the books technically do not contain the spell information. So, the spells are looked up and added to the NPC when they are added to the combat tracker.

As a side benefit, any errata to spell information will get correctly propagated when that happens (with the alternative being that every spell on every NPC would have to be reviewed.)

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information