Starfinder Playlist
Page 3 of 8 First 12345 ... Last

Thanks for making this extension! I use it in Savage Worlds.
    It used to work fine in Savage Worlds, but version 2 no longer does. It works for the GM speaking as an NPC, but not when speaking for PCs.
    Also, since version 2, when clicking the speak icon of an ally NPC from a player character's sheet, the name is not added to the speaker identity drop down in chat.
    Version 1.4 works fine in Savage Worlds.
    I can provide more details if you like. I'm willing to do more testing is Savage Worlds for you.
    Keep up the good work! It's appreciated.

Thanks for the report, I uploaded a new version that should fix those issues (also uploaded to the forge):

https://github.com/bakermd86/NPCPort...eleases/latest

I did a quick test on SWD and it seems to fix those 2 bugs you found. It seems that SWD has its own identity manager, so I had to add special handling for that ruleset specifically in order to accommodate. Most likely, there will be other rulesets that do non-standard stuff requiring special handling as well. But 2.1 should work okay for SWD now.

Thanks for fixing this so quickly. Except...

I should have been more specific. I'm running the SWADE version of Savage Worlds.
    So the update didn't fix SWADE. Now, in addition to the above bugs, it's displaying the token rather than the portrait. And it's stuck on the first character's token. No matter who speaks, it's using the fist character's token all the time.

One step forward, two steps back.
    But it's good that SWD has been fixed; that version is still played.

btw, Pathfinder for Savage Worlds uses SWADE, so they'll see the same bugs. But once you fix it for SWADE, it will be fixed for SWPF.

I don't know if it would be possible but after what has been done, I believe so.
    The character sheets contain Portrait (which is what appears in the chat when we perform "tests") and also contains the Token (which is the representation of the character in battle maps). With its extension we had the immense advance of being able to customize our NPCs by inserting portraits for them and these appearing in the chat, but the question is could we have portraits for rolls and tokens for battle maps, as we have with players?

Ruleset 4e:

I notice in Console during player login a long list of data being sent to Client (taking some minutes)

Example:

NETWORK RECV FILE REQUEST: campaign/portraits/dummy_portrait_npc_id-00094
    NETWORK FILE CACHE MATCH: campaign/portraits/dummy_portrait_npc_id-00094 (75300)

Is there a way of cashing this on client to reduce this transfer time or should I delete any unused portraits to speed up the process?

@sirnoobsauce: here are the attachments I couldn't add in the message:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by kevininrussia View Post
    Ruleset 4e:

I notice in Console during player login a long list of data being sent to Client (taking some minutes)

Example:

NETWORK RECV FILE REQUEST: campaign/portraits/dummy_portrait_npc_id-00094
    NETWORK FILE CACHE MATCH: campaign/portraits/dummy_portrait_npc_id-00094 (75300)

Is there a way of cashing this on client to reduce this transfer time or should I delete any unused portraits to speed up the process?
    It should only have to replicate the portraits that are in-use (at least as of 2.0, in the earlier versions it would actually pre-create portraits for every single NPC and charsheet record in the entire campaign, which causes very poor performance). On the current version, there shouldn't be that many portraits being replicated (unless you have just a huge number of identities in use when the clients connect).

But because of a couple of quirks of FG there isn't much I can do about the clients having to download them each time. So basically: the chat doesn't support tokens, only portraits. But the only way to dynamically create a portrait in FG is to create an identity and set it there via the User interface. But I have to then delete the actual identity right away, because otherwise they would show up in the Character Select and massively clutter up the campaign. So as a result, the host instance is creating all of the portraits dynamically at runtime, and then those portraits have to be pushed to the clients each time.

Quote Originally Posted by sirnoobsauce View Post
    It should only have to replicate the portraits that are in-use (at least as of 2.0, in the earlier versions it would actually pre-create portraits for every single NPC and charsheet record in the entire campaign, which causes very poor performance). On the current version, there shouldn't be that many portraits being replicated (unless you have just a huge number of identities in use when the clients connect).

But because of a couple of quirks of FG there isn't much I can do about the clients having to download them each time. So basically: the chat doesn't support tokens, only portraits. But the only way to dynamically create a portrait in FG is to create an identity and set it there via the User interface. But I have to then delete the actual identity right away, because otherwise they would show up in the Character Select and massively clutter up the campaign. So as a result, the host instance is creating all of the portraits dynamically at runtime, and then those portraits have to be pushed to the clients each time.
    <version>1.6</version>

oops :-) Added by Forge now.

Thanks for the info!

It seems like displaying a token should be something FGU can do, since it's a similar image type as portraits.
    I added a request to Idea Informer: Add Support for Tokens to Chat

The update that goes in after today makes this extension work well with SWADE. I very much recommend it, especially if you have players like mine that really like their character portraits.

Thread Information