STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

PF2 Encounter Helper - Extension to help building encounters

Hello Fantasy Grounds community,

I finally took the courage of building my first extension, as I'm trying to help myself into building something that could make the process of adjusting encounters on the fly since my party fluctuates from week to week.

If you want to see what it does, I recorded a video:

https://youtu.be/EnkSihGGTiY

This is my first time writing anything on Lua and using Fantasy Grounds ecosystem, so I appreciate any feedback from the community and other developers. If more people think this is useful, I can add to the Forge. Also, feel free to copy and reuse as you see fit.

Forge Link: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/451/view

History:
    0.1 - Initial Release
    0.2 - Fix creature level display on pre-existing encounters; fix button read-only status to respect lock; better inheritance of CoreRPG functions;

PF2EncounterHelper.ext

Thanks,

Edit: There is a (paid) new version of this extension in the Forge if you want to check out, including many other features: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ment-extension
    Last edited by dsaraujo; March 30th, 2022 at 15:51. Reason: Added Forge Link
    Daniel Salles de Araújo (@dsaraujo)
    Developer of PFRPG2 GM Enhancements - Improve your Pathfinder 2E game!
    Check out the Pathfinder Deck of Endless NPCs!

Thanks for sharing with the community!

One issue - Encounter.ext appears to be an empty ZIP file.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Fixed the file, thanks Trenloe. I did find some code placeholder for something similar in the PFRPG2 package. If this looks good to you, feel free to reuse as much as you need!

Quote Originally Posted by dsaraujo View Post
    If this looks good to you, feel free to reuse as much as you need!
    Thanks! I might well look into it...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by dsaraujo View Post
    Fixed the file, thanks Trenloe.
    Nearly there... but the whole directory has been included in the ZIP file - FG won't read this as an extension. The extension.xml file must be in the root of the ZIP file for FG to recognize it.

And today I learned about folders being processed before .ext files. And I discovered a bug setting up levels when modifying existing campaigns.

Fixed the file following the directory structure from documentation. Hopefully will work this time. I also found a bug: existing built encounters (custom or from modules) won't have the correct level so it will incorrectly calculate XP. A workaround is to re-add the same monsters and remove them: that will force an update on the levels. I'll fix this for 0.2 (a forced update on load should do the trick).

My goal for 1.0 is to also have a button, similar to Random Encounters, to suggest encounters, that include Hazzards, given a party size, a party level and a goal Threat, using all NPCs available for that GM.
    Last edited by dsaraujo; January 7th, 2022 at 00:20.

Fixed the bug with 0.2, added Forge link.

I am running my party though the minidungeon AP, and man this has saved me so much time. Thanks for building an auto-calculation!

Dsaraujo, does this work with PFRPG2 GM Enhancements or should I only use one or the other?

Thread Information