DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 5 of 6 First ... 3456 Last
    Looks cool man,keep up the good work.

Well whoever those guys might be, that was a very lame excuse from them not not to move a finger. nobody asked them to program the whole thing but to provide know how. And on the other side, I do not think that a fan-made mod with no commercial goal can be considered any copyright infringement. Still, Marvel could be asked to give permission and will probably grant it for non-profit usage...

Quote Originally Posted by Hoogie View Post
    Well I spoke briefly with someone who knows XML and how to help you, but since this game is still copyrighted, they would be unwilling to aid you with that portion of the design as they are also connected to FGII in a way. And I guess the two things you are asking for is the trickiest parts about rule sets for FGII and supposedly only a few people know how.

So I guess I am going to treat it (Marvel RPG) like the Battlegrounds Software and will just have to use FGII as a digital roller but still be able to load maps and keep track of other things by old school Pen and Pencil. A skin background would be great and rules set but playing the game is more important to me than having all the bells and whistles.

Just came across this thread...been awhile with no activity. I guess I fall in the group of people who would love to see MSH come to Fantasy Grounds but lack the technical ability to make it happen. We played it on Roll20 for awhile but pretty much just to load maps and roll dice. Fantasy Grounds could do a lot more for the online experience. I'm a fan of Savage Worlds and I've been toying with characters using the SW Supers Companion. Its certainly doable but characters can become very complex in the number of Powers that have to be managed/remembered. FASERIP is a much simpler approach to supers and a blast to play! Here's hoping for some progress
    Cross-examining Lawyer: Mister Cogburn, in your four years as US Marshal, how many men have you shot?
    Rooster Cogburn: Shot? Or killed?
    Cross-examining Lawyer: Let us restrict it to killed so we may have a manageable figure!

Aren't the actual rules freely floating around the web because there is no longer an active copyright on the rules?
    i3ullseye

~ You're pretty good, but me? I'm magic!

Ultimate License holder

Blog Entries
    The rules might have expired, but I don't believe the images or names referenced in them would be usable due to copyright on all of those. It's a tricky enough situation that I would encourage caution in sharing any content. Rules themselves are never protected by copyright, though, so you could make a character sheet and automate each of the rules as long as you didn't use the same name, logos or images.

Quote Originally Posted by i3ullseye View Post
    Aren't the actual rules freely floating around the web because there is no longer an active copyright on the rules?
    No, the rules are floating around the web because someone has broken copyright. There is no such thing as "abandondware" or anything similar - just because something isn't being supported any longer does not mean that copyright has lapsed. Copyright only lapses 50 or 75 or 99 years (depending upon the jurisdiction where the material is first published) after the death of the "author".

And even if something is placed on the web for free by the copyright owner, unless they explicitly state that they are giving up their copyright (and I can't think of anyone who has, baring SRDs, and even then I'd read the license very carefully) then copyright is still in effect.

In the particular case of Marvel, most of the characters, etc, are still in active publication (movies, comics, etc) so the 50-year-rule doesn't even start to apply. And as for TSR/WotC/Hasbro, you can bet your adamantium claws that they'll enforce their copyright as well.
    Last edited by dulux-oz; February 9th, 2016 at 07:18.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Indeed, dice might not be well visible on the dark background.
    Last edited by bestellen; September 16th, 2016 at 22:20.

Where I can find this ruleset to download?

Blog Entries
    Reading through the thread, it doesn't look like it was ever completed, and it is not in the wiki.
    Ultimate License Holder

That's a bummer. My group had a lot of fun with this system at the table.

Thread Information