FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Automate Experience?

Is there any way to automate experience for things like criticals, maneuvers, travel time etc? Any plans for this? Thanks.

I don't have time for it but it could be done with an extension. Ardem wrote an extension to help track the XP but I don't think it automates the process. It can be found here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...C-XP-Extension

Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    I don't have time for it but it could be done with an extension. Ardem wrote an extension to help track the XP but I don't think it automates the process. It can be found here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...C-XP-Extension
    I downloaded the 2.1.1 version and copied to my extensions folder. Not sure what I should now, I tried messaging the creator but he didn't respond. Where does it show up? I read somewhere in the thread of issues with it working with FGU.

It should be in the extension list on the right side of the launch window. Here is what it looks like selected in the list.
    XP Extension.PNG

There seems to be an issue with that extension.

On load, I get the following message:

[1/4/2022 11:21:18 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/introtext.lua"]:5: attempt to call field 'registerLaunchMessage' (a nil value)

That seems to be calling chatmanager, and I think all of the managers got updated a while back (right?).

Based on this thread registerLaunchMessage was deprecated.

I think I managed to fix it, I commented out the scripts/introtext.lua line in the extension.xml file and added an Announce message that is the same as the old registerLaunchMessage.

Attached below.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Ok thanks, seems that it doesn't work with FGU.

The one I uploaded works for FGU, the original one does as well, it just throws an error.

The only issue is that the Drop down for the Professions is still at the top, and I have no idea how to fix that one (there is a little drop down arrow just above Extm).

This is in FGU.

I made a small change that allows to put the value in the field Foe is, but as I do not know how to program, i only know how to make aesthetic changes, I do not know how to cross the value of Foe is with the other fields, because as far as I know, there is difference in the experience gained in a fight this difference of levels. I believe that with these "crossed" values we would somehow have a more complete XP distribution and the meeting XP could be considered extra and quest XP as bonus for "Mile Stone"

Attachment 50810

That's not really necessary.

As Ardem mentions here, that text is a reminder for how to fill out the fields below it. Just figure out the level difference for the various crits (Creature-Character level) and put those into the fields below.

Like so:

I don't know if I got it right, but I'll explain what I understand: I calculate the difference between my level and the level of the monster. This value is the multiplier that will be used for critics. Example: The difference between my level and the monster level is 3, i.e. I would put it in the Was is 3 field. So I made an attack on it that caused a Solo Critic type C, I would score 1 on the field, but as foe is 3, this value would be multiplied by 3 and in case I put the fillable field precisely to serve at first as a reminder.

Thread Information