FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Happy New Year!

Blog Entries

Happy New Year!

What sort of gaming related goals do you have for 2022?

My new year's gaming resolution is to run some games or play in some games this year with friends or with some of our awesome people in the company and/or community.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post

My new year's gaming resolution is to run some games or play in some games this year with friends or with some of our awesome people in the company and/or community.
    Happy new year

My goal is to finally run my game again; due to my PhD thesis I got out of the loop and now I try to get back I usually wanted to run Undermountain, but I realized that a classical dungeon crawl would not fit to my group. However, certain computer games have mastered dungeon crawls or rather "telling a story without really telling it" (using the dungeon as a "narrator" itself for example); so, I decided to rebuild the computer game Hollow Knight as a replacement of the Undermountain and transfer its game mechanics to a "hopefully better version of dungeoncrawling" Not sure yet whether I will succeed

It is my turn to DM our group. We are starting up a new campaign on 15 January. Everyone is very excited, since we have been on a break since mid October.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mike
    Official Grey Beard
    1. I actually have a grey beard
    2. I have been playing RPGs since 1978.

Blog Entries
    Publish a few of the half-done modules I have already created for use in my home game. They ae good enough for me to use, but not good enough to publish. Also either run or play in a non-D&D game. Probably sci-fi related Star Frontiers, Frontier Space, Cyberpunk, etc.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

To get Level Up done before I get too old to see my computer screen
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Happy new year!
    My goal is to get over the GM burnout.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    Happy new year!
    My goal is to get over the GM burnout.
    I was right where you are a year or so ago. I had the opportunity to be a player after 30 years as GM. That was enough to refresh my desire to run a game myself once again.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mike
    Official Grey Beard
    1. I actually have a grey beard
    2. I have been playing RPGs since 1978.

Blog Entries
    Those are great. Good luck with achieving those goals this year.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post

My group is finishing up Descent into Avernus this week, and then we're palette-cleansing with a Starfinder adventure path.

I'm curious how many published modules haven't been spoiled for you as a matter of course in this business. Is it tough to find games that feel fresh?

Thread Information