DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Deadlands Bennies - Possible to Make Them Look (and ONLY Look) Like Fate Chips?

Hey. Hope whoever reads this is well and having happy holidays! I was wondering if anyone knows how I would make an extension that changes the appearance of Bennies to look like three different colors of Fate Chips for Deadlands, but still function exactly like Bennies in all cases? I don't want to change functionality, just randomize appearance. Is that possible?

Thanks in advance to anyone who's able to help!

I doubt there will be any extensions written that are that specific, since I've never heard of anyone asking for anything like that. I know that Fate chips are supported in the Deadlands extension for the Savage Worlds ruleset; but they are probably implemented as per the rules. (I'm not very familiar with SW system, so not sure how it all is supposed to work in Deadlands.)

Regards,
    JPG

It's easy to add benny skins. Here's a link where it was done for the Lankhmar setting:
    Lankhmar Feedback & Updates
    If you have trouble following that, there are other examples on the forum. You can also ask for help doing this.

You can certainly re-skin bennies to look like ONE fate chip at a time, but to have all four different colours at once would require coding (which is beyond me)
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Doswelk is correct, as usual.
    You could add all the fate chip variations with an extension, and select one of them to use for bennies under options, but once selected, all the images and icons change to that image. If code randomly selected one of those skins, all the images and icons would change to match the selection. The player wouldn't see a collection of different colored bennies on the character sheet.
    It's possible to catch benny actions in code, and randomly change the skin, but it wouldn't achieve what you're looking for.
    The closest would be to pick a different skin each game.

Thanks to all for your replies. I have mostly figured out the coding for multiple colors of Bennies at once, customized character sheets, Benny effects for all in the Combat Tracker (no change to one color), etc. I was just hoping to get any edge I could in the process. It's...involved, to say the least. Much more coding than I've done for extensions in the past, but the challenge is part of the fun. Again, thank you to all of you for your feedback.

Nice! I'd like to see that code, if you don't mind sharing. I didn't think it was possible to have more than one benny image at a time. I like looking at extension code and learning what can be done with FG. It's impressive how extensible FGU is.

It's a mess at the moment, has a ways to go, and I've had to put it on the back burner for the moment due to time restraints, but I'd be happy to share once it's done. Just might take me a while!

Thread Information