STAR TREK 2d20
Page 5 of 9 First ... 34567 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by mattvictim View Post
    Any idea what I'm doing wrong with the following? It isn't doubling the damage... removing the "IFT: TYPE(object);" works to double the damage but defeats the purpose.

Siege Monster; IFT: TYPE(object); DMGMULT: 2

The target definitely has "object" for creature type.
    Unfortunately "object" isn't a recognized creature type in the ruleset, and so it won't work for IFT in general.
    My Forge creations: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/crafter/9/view-profile
    My GitHub: https://github.com/MeAndUnique
    Buy me a coffee: https://ko-fi.com/meandunique
    Discord: MeAndUnique#6805

Quote Originally Posted by mattvictim View Post
    Any idea what I'm doing wrong with the following? It isn't doubling the damage... removing the "IFT: TYPE(object);" works to double the damage but defeats the purpose.

Siege Monster; IFT: TYPE(object); DMGMULT: 2

The target definitely has "object" for creature type.
    Working for me, can you get on discord and give me a screenshot there or here?

EDIT:
    After talking to mattvictim, I found why it was working for me. I was using custom. TYPE as M&U said is only used for a limited hardcoded subset of creatures, you can't manually add them.

Likely something SmiteWorks should add IMO.

Please tell me if I'm misunderstanding the extension, but should "IGNOREIMMUNE: fire" bypass immunity to fire damage? IGNORERESIST works, but IGNOREIMMUNE doesn't seem to be working.

Quote Originally Posted by BlazingAzureCrow View Post
    Please tell me if I'm misunderstanding the extension, but should "IGNOREIMMUNE: fire" bypass immunity to fire damage? IGNORERESIST works, but IGNOREIMMUNE doesn't seem to be working.
    I don't think IGNOREIMMUNE is a coding effect this EXT does.
    You can do IGNORETOABSORB instead and would do the effect you want, however, I think it's broken by doing this as it should really do 0 damage, instead of 0 damage and healing.

I think M&U likely should add the coding IGNORETOIMMUNE and it would do what you are saying. However, the IGNOREIMMUNE doesn't work because it's not a coding effect of this EXT.

Are you trying to bypass immunity fully and the creature take full damage? Or you trying to change it to resist only? Or what? Can you give an example of what it's applying to?

I think IGNORE IMMUNE is an operator introduced by one of Kent extension, AutomaticElementalAdept. Hope this will help.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I don't think IGNOREIMMUNE is a coding effect this EXT does.
    You can do IGNORETOABSORB instead and would do the effect you want, however, I think it's broken by doing this as it should really do 0 damage, instead of 0 damage and healing.

I think M&U likely should add the coding IGNORETOIMMUNE and it would do what you are saying. However, the IGNOREIMMUNE doesn't work because it's not a coding effect of this EXT.

Are you trying to bypass immunity fully and the creature take full damage? Or you trying to change it to resist only? Or what? Can you give an example of what it's applying to?
    Ah darn. I thought that might be the case. It felt like something that would naturally be included alongside the other effects, but given that it doesn't show up in RAW that's not shocking. I saw that one of the operators you could include for "IGNORE(R)" was IGNORE, and that IMMUNE was used elsewhere in the description in place of IGNORE and made some assumptions from there. I probably just read something wrong.

The example I'm using is for the streamed show I run that has a wealth of original content. There are a few examples in it of damage that cannot be ignored (for meaningless trivia, one example being the lava and flames at the heart of Phlegethos) or reduced, and an NPC was able to ignore resistance/immunity to her fire damage.

Hopefully it's added in the future since it'd be a small but useful thing for homebrew and third-party uses. Hopefully, it wouldn't be too hard to include.

Quote Originally Posted by eriktedesco View Post
    I think IGNORE IMMUNE is an operator introduced by one of Kent extension, AutomaticElementalAdept. Hope this will help.
    I have that but have it disabled. I'll check that out, thank you!

Ah darn. I thought that might be the case. It felt like something that would naturally be included alongside the other effects, but given that it doesn't show up in RAW that's not shocking. I saw that one of the operators you could include for "IGNORE(R)" was IGNORE, and that IMMUNE was used elsewhere in the description in place of IGNORE and made some assumptions from there. I probably just read something wrong.

The example I'm using is for the streamed show I run that has a wealth of original content. There are a few examples in it of damage that cannot be ignored (for meaningless trivia, one example being the lava and flames at the heart of Phlegethos) or reduced, and an NPC was able to ignore resistance/immunity to her fire damage.

Hopefully it's added in the future since it'd be a small but useful thing for homebrew and third-party uses. Hopefully, it wouldn't be too hard to include.
    You can use IGNORETOABSORB for the same effect currently, just remember it will also bypass ABSORB on a monster also.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    You can use IGNORETOABSORB for the same effect currently, just remember it will also bypass ABSORB on a monster also.
    Noted! Thank you very much. It'd still be cool to have the effect, but I doubt I'll encounter scenarios where something immune is also absorbing damage enough that I can't just brute force my way through things.

Noted! Thank you very much. It'd still be cool to have the effect, but I doubt I'll encounter scenarios where something immune is also absorbing damage enough that I can't just brute force my way through things.
    I'm thinking it's an oversight and likely will get updated when M&U gets time. Only makes sense to have the IMMUNE one in there with the others.

Thread Information