FG Spreadshirt Swag

Questions about the New GURPS Character Assistant 5

Greetings!
    I would like to know if there is a possibility to switch to using GCA 5 to create characters and NPCs, as well as GURPS Mod Maker together with it to import things for GURPS adventures in Fantasy Grounds.

I dont know about that, but I am working on a plugin for GCA5 to export Pc/NPC from GCA5, but that is development work on the GCA5 side, and not FG

Since I'm not seeing an update to this question...

I've recently gone the route of switching off my windows 7 machine to a more capable machine that has windows 10. For a while there, I wondered why my buddy, who has a copy of GCA5 was having a problem/issue building characters when I found GCA4 to be such a breeze. Foolish person that I am, I hadn't realized just how different GCA5 looks from GCA4. That being said, it is important for me to be able to import characters built from GCA5 (which I now have) into FGU. As it turns out, I can. If you're buying GCA5 and using it for the first time, be aware that you have to update your version of GCA5 with the optional updates. There, it will upload the newer aspects for the software allowing you to export NPCs to FGU as well as Characters to FGU. So, the answer is yes, GCA5 WILL permit you to export as an xml formatted set up that can be imported into FGU.

Even now, I'm spending time to learn how to best utilize the software, and already have plans on experimenting with the creation of my own gdf files. If you ever want to see where the gdf files are, as I found on my windows 10 machine, the path is:

F:\C_Drive_Contents\GURPS Character Assistant 4\data files

Now, there is nothing to keep you from making your own private gdf files. I created one for my GCA4 for the Old West guns I crafted by use of a spreadsheet. Eventually I will test out that gdf file I used for GCA4 to see if it will run unaltered for use with GCA5.

Hope this helps.

Hmm, seems like some thread necromancy or maybe just some new wonderings? In any case you should be able to use these exports as shown here to get characters/npcs into FGU.

Capture.PNG

edit: the mod maker one is something I'm working on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    Hmm, seems like some thread necromancy or maybe just some new wonderings? In any case you should be able to use these exports as shown here to get characters/npcs into FGU.

Capture.PNG

While it is thread necromancy in the sense that I responded to an old question, it made sense to respond since people do read old threads for information that may be available. When I first purchased GCA5, I didn't have any documentation available. When I looked into it more deeply, I noted that the expected "export feature" was not present in my copy of GCA5. It wasn't until I noted a request for update, that I spotted the ability to download the extra capabilities - hence my adding my own "review" if you will in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post

Capture.PNG

Yay for mod maker!

Thread Information